Query while selecting 'highest qualification' for CRS calculation

Meow1234

Oct 8, 2017
I am from Mumbai and have completed -
B.Sc - Major in Physics - Mumbai University - 3 years
M.Sc - Master in Physics - Mumbai University - 2 years

My WES evaluation reports says...

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY:
Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)

While doing the CRS calculation I am not sure about what to choose for the field 'What is your level of education?'
Link : https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

Should I select -
1) two or more post - secondary credentials with at least one being 3+ years ?
OR
some other combination.

Kindly help.

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
Yes you are correct it is two or more post secondary credentials.

WES does not think your masters degree is equivalent to a master's degree in Canada, but they gave you credit for it as a post bachelor diploma. There is a big difference in CRS points between the two if you wish you could appeal WES decision or try to get another assessment.

Rubaaab

Star Member
Jan 29, 2016
Hi, I have sent my documents to WES for evaluations. I have B.com degree (2 years) from University of the Punjab , which WES accepts Punjab University but I have done M.Com (2 years) from University of Central Punjab, which unfortunately WES refused to evaluate degree from such university. I have attested this degree from HEC and sent it in a HEC sealed envelop but still WES refused to accept that.
WES asks me whether to continue evaluation processing or to cancel it.I dont' know what should I do?

The other question is that do you have any idea what the equivalence report will I get if they only evaluate my 2 years B.Com degree?

Please urgent reply me

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
Hi, I have sent my documents to WES for evaluations. I have B.com degree (2 years) from University of the Punjab , which WES accepts Punjab University but I have done M.Com (2 years) from University of Central Punjab, which unfortunately WES refused to evaluate degree from such university. I have attested this degree from HEC and sent it in a HEC sealed envelop but still WES refused to accept that.
WES asks me whether to continue evaluation processing or to cancel it.I dont' know what should I do?

The other question is that do you have any idea what the equivalence report will I get if they only evaluate my 2 years B.Com degree?

Please urgent reply me
Unfortunately you will only be assessed a two-year post secondary diploma with a difference of 37 CRS points.

Rubaaab

Star Member
Jan 29, 2016
Life Dreamer! thank you for the reply. How many points can I gain If my sydy is equivalent to the Bachelors degree (three years or longer) ?
What do you suggest, Should I reapply for evaluation to another organzation for example ICAS, IQAS etc.?

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
I have not details about your studies or your college transcripts but you could appeal assessment decision. You can also assess at a different org. there is no harm from doing that.