+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query: Which documents to show for college admission?

Nimitimi

Jul 11, 2022
Hi,
I have completed MBA (distance) here in India. I am planning to take up the Post Graduate Diploma course in college (switching my career). While checking the requirements they ask us to show our bachelor's degree certificates/ transcripts. So what should I do? Should I just show them my bachelor's degree or my master's degree too?
Will appreciate a reply on this.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Hi,
I have completed MBA (distance) here in India. I am planning to take up the Post Graduate Diploma course in college (switching my career). While checking the requirements they ask us to show our bachelor's degree certificates/ transcripts. So what should I do? Should I just show them my bachelor's degree or my master's degree too?
You have to be truthful. If you have a bachelor and a master and you don't disclose it, you may be considered a fraudulent applicant. I don't know for sure if omission of information is considered always as fraud but if it is, you may be targeted with a ban of 5 years.

It's better to work so that your application makes sense and to be as truthful as possible. Good luck!

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
Hi,
You need to show all your educational certifications. If you are switching careers/fields, take advantage of the Statement of Purpose the university/college asks for, to explain why you studied that particular field in bachelors and an MBA, and why you want to study a post-graduate diploma now. Did your work experience influence that decision? How does the program align with your future goals? Explain that. :)

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
You have to be truthful. If you have a bachelor and a master and you don't disclose it, you may be considered a fraudulent applicant. I don't know for sure if omission of information is considered always as fraud but if it is, you may be targeted with a ban of 5 years.

It's better to work so that your application makes sense and to be as truthful as possible. Good luck!
Applicant question was if he has both Bachelor and Masters Degree and there is only one field that is asking to upload Bachelor degree as there's nothing for Masters Degree in application portal, which is true. Answer is, he can merge two degrees and upload on very same field.

• Haha
Reactions: Geet7

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
OP is asking for college admission, not for permit/visa.

For college admission, just show them whatever is minimally required. If they only require a Bachelor's, then show a Bachelor's. When applying for visa disclose everything though, especially if you intend to use those degrees for Express Entry points later on.

Nimitimi

Jul 11, 2022

Thanks for the reply! and yes, I am aware of the fact that one has to accurately present their documents for a visa although my query was for the college admission :)

Nimitimi

Jul 11, 2022
You need to show all your educational certifications. If you are switching careers/fields, take advantage of the Statement of Purpose the university/college asks for, to explain why you studied that particular field in bachelors and an MBA, and why you want to study a post-graduate diploma now. Did your work experience influence that decision? How does the program align with your future goals? Explain that. :)
Alright! This was helpful. I make a note of it. Thanks a lot :)

Nimitimi

Jul 11, 2022
Applicant question was if he has both Bachelor and Masters Degree and there is only one field that is asking to upload Bachelor degree as there's nothing for Masters Degree in application portal, which is true. Answer is, he can merge two degrees and upload on very same field.
Oh, I see. Your response was beneficial for me. Thank you :D

Nimitimi

Jul 11, 2022
OP is asking for college admission, not for permit/visa.

For college admission, just show them whatever is minimally required. If they only require a Bachelor's, then show a Bachelor's. When applying for visa disclose everything though, especially if you intend to use those degrees for Express Entry points later on.
Wouldn't there be any chance of discrepancy while applying for the visa at a later date? just curious

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
If you choose to hide one of your degrees, you'll need to mention if you worked doing that time. Do you have proof of work? I don't think you will have that, right? So why lie from the beginning? Don't do that. Disclose all your educational qualifications for both the program admission and for the visa. Explain your intentions in the SoP and Letter of Intent, and stand by them. :)

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Wouldn't there be any chance of discrepancy while applying for the visa at a later date? just curious
For visa you will need to show both, for your LOA minimum qualification should be fine. you can even disclose both, they wont use "over-qualified to deny you admission"

Nimitimi

Jul 11, 2022
If you choose to hide one of your degrees, you'll need to mention if you worked doing that time. Do you have proof of work? I don't think you will have that, right? So why lie from the beginning? Don't do that. Disclose all your educational qualifications for both the program admission and for the visa. Explain your intentions in the SoP and Letter of Intent, and stand by them. :)
Got it!! I will mention both to be on the safer side. Thanks again :D

Reactions: RamSatt