lucky07

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
I have a query on reference letter.
My current company didnt provide me a reference letter, so i have asked my manager to provide that. He agreed for the same but on plain paper as he doesnt want to go against HR/company policy. He has given his visiting card and office id along with the letter.

Now CIC has dropped him a mail for verification and asked for my details and kept HR in copy (got it from company website - Contact us). Also they have asked approval from HR on my employment and roles/Responsibility. Manager has to get approval from HR and then reply to CIC.

Now this is a problem. He helped me against policy but now HR is also aware of. Anyways HR will not respond for sure. so what should I do. I am not sure, if my manager will also respond.

Thanks.

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Hi All,
My current company didnt provide me a reference letter, so i have asked my manager to provide that. He agreed for the same but on plain paper as he doesnt want to go against HR/company policy. He has given his visiting card and office id along with the letter.

Now CIC has dropped him a mail for verification and asked for my details and kept HR in copy (got it from company website - Contact us). Also they have asked approval from HR on my employment and roles/Responsibility. Manager has to get approval from HR and then reply to CIC.

Now this is a problem. He helped me against policy but now HR is also aware of. Anyways HR will not respond for sure. so what should I do. I am not sure, if my manager will also respond.

Thanks.

Did you clarify the hr policy in your letter of explanation. My guess is cic is checking validity of the email IDs. Your manager can write them back on the same email marking hr a cc that he provided the letter in personal capacity since providing on letter head is against company policy. He can confirm that the letter provided by him is correct and contains all required details.

This is my opinion, you can await answers from experts.

Reactions: lucky07

pam13

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03/June/2017
AOR Received.
03-06-2017
Hi All,

Thanks.

Hiii Lucky07
Kindly share your AOR date & which stage you got the verification email like NA2/ IP2
which is your Visa Office NDVO or Ottawa . Same will be appreciated .
Thanks

lucky07

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you mention in LOE that HR doesn't give such letter as per company policy?
Yes, I did mention that in LOE and I am CEC outland. So they have my old records as well. Its just a new company, i switched to in India.

I am planning to raise a CSE, and if manager doesnt reply, then i will try to get it notarize now and then submit it. Also will explain the situation. crossing my fingers.

lucky07

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hiii Lucky07
Kindly share your AOR date & which stage you got the verification email like NA2/ IP2
which is your Visa Office NDVO or Ottawa . Same will be appreciated .
Thanks
Its Aug 22 AOR, File is in Ottawa and i am in IP2 since 28th Sep.

Reactions: pam13

lucky07

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you clarify the hr policy in your letter of explanation. My guess is cic is checking validity of the email IDs. Your manager can write them back on the same email marking hr a cc that he provided the letter in personal capacity since providing on letter head is against company policy. He can confirm that the letter provided by him is correct and contains all required details.

Appreciate your input. It really helped me a lot. I will ask my manager to reply the same. Hope all will settle down soon..

lucky07

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hi bootsal,
I need your advice again. As you were right, it was employment verification mail and validity of the reference letter. Since letter was given on personal note, my manager replied to CIC, but removed HR from cc as he doesnt want to take any risk with higher management on conflicts on company policies.

Do you still think, that i should get a employment letter from the company and share it with CIC or should i wait for CIC response.

I am not sure if company will issue, but i can try one.

Thanks.

pam13

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03/June/2017
AOR Received.
03-06-2017

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Hi bootsal,
I need your advice again. As you were right, it was employment verification mail and validity of the reference letter. Since letter was given on personal note, my manager replied to CIC, but removed HR from cc as he doesnt want to take any risk with higher management on conflicts on company policies.

Do you still think, that i should get a employment letter from the company and share it with CIC or should i wait for CIC response.

I am not sure if company will issue, but i can try one.

Thanks.
Replied to Ur pm.

Reactions: lucky07
Jul 29, 2017
Hi All,

Thanks.
Hello,

I hope your dilemma is over by now.
Can you please advise, how CIC got your HR email from the contact us on your company website?
Does the email clearly identify the HR like hr@xyzcompany, or they did send the email to for example info@xyzcompany?

Thank you so much for your cooperation.