+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query : Share details about property etc at landing in Canada

dsan_01

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Is it advisable to bring documents that shows information about various properties and bank accounts/money one have in India.
Somebody advised us to bring all this details and pass it on to the authorities in Canada so that if later, one sells something back in India, then Canadian govt will not create any issues against the money brought to Canada.

Please let me know your thoughts and also clarify where and when to submit this information ? After landing at Airport or later on at any time with any specific canadian govt authority?

Thanks in advance

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
dsan_01 said:
Is it advisable to bring documents that shows information about various properties and bank accounts/money one have in India.
Somebody advised us to bring all this details and pass it on to the authorities in Canada so that if later, one sells something back in India, then Canadian govt will not create any issues against the money brought to Canada.

Please let me know your thoughts and also clarify where and when to submit this information ? After landing at Airport or later on at any time with any specific canadian govt authority?

Thanks in advance
I'm not to sure on this situation, but this is what I found. It looks like you are still responsible for paying taxes in Canada once it's sold.

http://www.cicnews.com/2001/09/taxation-property-owned-landing-09342.html