+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query related to quarantine period and stay!!!

Hasridz

May 15, 2020
Dear all,
I will be moving to Canada on 1st august 2020. I am a permanent resident of Canada. My query is that when I will land in Canada, I will have to qurantine myself for 15 days. But I dont know how will I quarantine myslef, as I have no place to stay. I have only one known relative but they are 65plus and I have read on the website that nobody can quarantine herself in a place where old people are living.
What other options can I have than? Will the government provide me any space to quarantine myself? If yes, will I have to pay for that and how much roughly?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
The last advice/guideline from IRCC was given as if someone has no quarantine plan then they should not travel to Canada at this time. Although as a PR whether that applies to PRs or not is not clear but even though you could not be denied entry to Canada you should not rely on the government to provide accommodation. Even if the government does provide accommodation then it is not clear who pays although suspect most people would expect the individual to bear the cost not the government.

As for how much then it is likely the government has contracted hotels in the vicinity of the airport so if payment is required then should maybe expect a commercial rate, but as said this is a grey area on who pays.

It is not that difficult to book either a hotel or an airbnb so you should make the effort to do so and not rely on a government solution or simply do not travel at this time unless absolutely necessary whether a PR or not

I mean what would you do if no quarantine was required as you would have to be staying somewhere, not on the streets

Also note I am assuming that you are already a landed PR and have replied on that basis but reading your previous post then maybe this is your initial landing which means until you have landed you do not have the same rights to enter Canada as a PR so without a quarantine plan worst case you could be denied entry. Whether that is likely in the current situation seems unlikely but like everyone else need to make some effort to secure accommodation such as AIRBNB

Last edited: