+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query related to NOC 2173/2174

kaurp

Jan 26, 2018
Hello Guys,
I have 3 years of experience as Software Developer (Salesforce application). Roles and responsibilities are as follows:
  • Implemented bug fixes to the existing application by analysing, modifying existing code
  • Analyse new requirements, designing solution and writing new code for new enhancements.
  • Performing unit testing to test the new code.
  • Deploying code to Production and test environments
  • Preparing technical design document, testing and other related documents
  • Managing mass data (update,upload,delete) in the application (Salesforce).
  • Extracting reports and providing evidences for security audits
  • Resolving technical support tickets.
Note: I have a BTech Degree in Electronics & Communication.

What should be my NOC - 2173 or 2174?

NOC 2174 doesn't mention other equivalent degrees (only Computer science) in employment requirements.
NOC 2173 mentions "Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering, and passing a professional practice examination."

Kindly guide.

Reactions: rahulkumar7887
Apr 1, 2018
Hello Guys,
I have 3 years of experience as Software Developer (Salesforce application). Roles and responsibilities are as follows:
  • Implemented bug fixes to the existing application by analysing, modifying existing code
  • Analyse new requirements, designing solution and writing new code for new enhancements.
  • Performing unit testing to test the new code.
  • Deploying code to Production and test environments
  • Preparing technical design document, testing and other related documents
  • Managing mass data (update,upload,delete) in the application (Salesforce).
  • Extracting reports and providing evidences for security audits
  • Resolving technical support tickets.
Note: I have a BTech Degree in Electronics & Communication.

What should be my NOC - 2173 or 2174?

NOC 2174 doesn't mention other equivalent degrees (only Computer science) in employment requirements.
NOC 2173 mentions "Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering, and passing a professional practice examination."

Kindly guide.
So, you were a Salesforce Developer?

Apr 1, 2018
2174 as lot of my responsibilities are matching this noc
Hey Kaurp, thanks for replying.
Will it be a problem if I get my reference letter accordingly and mention my NOC Code as 2173.
Because I am planning to switch my job to .Net Domain (.NET Developer) in Bahrain to save some money for the immigration and to widen my knowledge base, so that It will be easy to find job when I reach Canada.
.Net Developer NOC code is 2173, Our NOC Code too is split between 2173 and 2174. Will it be a Problem if I get my job responsibilities accordingly from my Salesforce Employer and I use NOC code 2173 for Salesforce Developer?
Will it create any problem?
Thank you.
Good to meet you!

kaurp

Jan 26, 2018
Hi Dinesh,
As long as reference letter supports the NOC you mention in your profile, I think it should work.
You can note down the tasks that you have performed or will perform;try to group it and then check if it matches more with 2173 or 2174. At least 60-70% responsibilities should match an NOC.

Sep 28, 2018
Hi Kaurp/Dinesh,

How are you man ? I understand that this is a very old thread and I really hope that both of you might have achieved the destination that made you start this thread.

@kaurp: Your role and responsibilities related to Salesforce matches mine exactly the only difference being I'm B.Tech in computer science.
Initially when I submitted my profile I used NOC 2173 and the pool excepted my profile but today after thorough research when I changed the NOC to 2174 the EE profile shows that I'm not eligible.

Could one of you help be finalize my NOC please ?? Any guidance would really be a great help. Would eagerly wait for you reply. Thanks man.

JagritiD

May 27, 2018
@kaurp @dinesh @rahulkumar7887, I am a Salesforce consultant now, have 3 years in development (have added code 2173). What to add for Consultant as the title is not present in 2173 . Somewhere I have read that Consultants comes in 2171 . But I am not sure now . Could someone share any relevant information?
Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
@kaurp @dinesh @rahulkumar7887, I am a Salesforce consultant now, have 3 years in development (have added code 2173). What to add for Consultant as the title is not present in 2173 . Somewhere I have read that Consultants comes in 2171 . But I am not sure now . Could someone share any relevant information?
Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks
Did you develop or programmed application for just provided consultancy? If only consultancy, then 2171, if you developed too, then 2173

Reactions: JagritiD

JagritiD

May 27, 2018
Did you develop or programmed application for just provided consultancy? If only consultancy, then 2171, if you developed too, then 2173
Thank you for quick reply @dotslash227, I have added 2173 for last two jobs, as I had worked both as a developer and consultant. But now, in my present job, I am working only on configuration changes(Salesforce Administrator) being a consultant. My job title is "Consultant".

So, I am thinking should I change the NOC to 2171 or stick to 2173?
I thought, maybe changing the NOC could give me better job results in the job bank.

Thanks

Vickram2019

Jul 12, 2019
Hi All,

I have Salesforce Administration and Project Management experience, which NOC should I choose to create express entry profile?

Thanks,
Vickram