+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding super visa application -

kpsingh2424

Oct 20, 2016
query regarding super visa,

what do you enter/add in terms of the document support for purpose of travel?

1. a return ticket doesnt seem like a viable option since the initial entry under super visa is expected for a
last a longer duration (~ 2 years)
2. people say adding an itinerary of the trip is an option - I can add some random<real> tourist locations as pointers of the places that we would be visiting but we all know Super visa is meant for staying with parents for a longer duration rather than just doing touristy things*.
What have people in the past added here ., just need some examples? I dont know if buying/showing hotel reservations etc would even be useful here. Need suggestions.

3. Is it okay to say they will be planning to stay for a longer period? ~ 2 years? in the invitation letter or the purpose of visit?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
query regarding super visa,

what do you enter/add in terms of the document support for purpose of travel?

1. a return ticket doesnt seem like a viable option since the initial entry under super visa is expected for a
last a longer duration (~ 2 years)
You will not be issued any tickets beyond one year validity.

You don't need to include proofs of tickets for the visa applications.

2. people say adding an itinerary of the trip is an option - I can add some random<real> tourist locations as pointers of the places that we would be visiting but we all know Super visa is meant for staying with parents for a longer duration rather than just doing touristy things*.
What have people in the past added here ., just need some examples? I dont know if buying/showing hotel reservations etc would even be useful here. Need suggestions.
Not required for super visa applications

3. Is it okay to say they will be planning to stay for a longer period? ~ 2 years? in the invitation letter or the purpose of visit?
Yes

kpsingh2424

Oct 20, 2016
You will not be issued any tickets beyond one year validity.

You don't need to include proofs of tickets for the visa applications.

Not required for super visa applications

Yes
thanks for responding.
But I see there is a specific placeholder asking purpose of travel document and mentions you can include travel itinerary and flight tickets here.
what is recommended to be added here?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
thanks for responding.
But I see there is a specific placeholder asking purpose of travel document and mentions you can include travel itinerary and flight tickets here.
what is recommended to be added here?
Flight itineraries/tickets not paid for

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
you mean return flight details? unbooked? but return flights will be 2 years later?
*confused again*
Did you read my first reply to your post of today? No, you cannot book tickets that have a validity of more than one year.

Do ask your travel agent for 'dummy' flight tickets

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Did you read my first reply to your post of today? No, you cannot book tickets that have a validity of more than one year.

As Bryanna mentioned have your travel agent or you could even do it online thru a airline site . Airline computer systems only look one year ahead NOTHING more . Book something one year out , do not confirm the transaction , print this out . When I used to work for a airline, passengers routinely asked for a booking in the future for immigration. Your travel agent “ should “ be able to do this, or as I mentioned you can easily do it yourself if the travel agent charges fees and such

kpsingh2424

Oct 20, 2016
I was just confused cuz initially you mentioned we cant book ticket beyond 1 year then mentioned add itineraries/tickets as proof.
Cool, so a printed itinerary of a date ~ 1 year later will do here.
and NO need to confirm the transaction* - no need to pay for anything travel related before hand.

and is there a recommended agent for medical insurance 100000? manulife/destination canada?
anyone prefers one over the other? just researching around that.

Last edited:

kpsingh2424

Oct 20, 2016

Sorry I did read both the replies,was just confused wht you meant when you said itineraries/tickets in the 2nd reply.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
No problem, if you get to the point where it says please enter form of payment, back up one page
Do NOT enter a credit card and then confirm because if you do ,you’ll have just bought yourself a plane ticket

Reactions: kpsingh2424

kpsingh2424

Oct 20, 2016
No problem, if you get to the point where it says please enter form of payment, back up one page
Do NOT enter a credit card and then confirm because if you do ,you’ll have just bought yourself a plane ticket
Yep. I actually shouldnt ask these 'how-to' questions, having worked for an online travel site myself :D

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yep. I actually shouldnt ask these 'how-to' questions, having worked for an online travel site myself :D
And, you would probably be aware of 'Hold tickets' option on Yatra.com where you don't have to pay for those tickets for 24 hours. You can include a print of those tickets + mention that confirmed tickets will be booked when your parents' super visas are issued