+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding SPP and General Category?

Nissshann

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Hello people,

I'm confused between spp and general category. Actually I had my student visa under SPP for January-2016 intake but I had to return to home for my personal problems and I have cancelled my visa. Now IF I reapply for the upcoming May or September intake then :

(1) under which category should I reapply?
(2) Does my previous visa cancellation affect my new application?
(3) My new application will be considered as new or not?
(4) how much visa chances are there on reapplying for visa after approval of visa before?

Please provide me right path and useful guidance.

Thanks.

kamal1334

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Niagara Falls
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
I'd suggest spp as the approval rate for spp is higher than general.
It will not affect your new application if you make sure to write a strong sop regarding your previous visa and your situation.
I don't understand the third question.
If you got approved before then the chances are you can get approved again, just make sure to write an sop.

Nissshann

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
kamal1334 said:
I'd suggest spp as the approval rate for spp is higher than general.
It will not affect your new application if you make sure to write a strong sop regarding your previous visa and your situation.
I don't understand the third question.
If you got approved before then the chances are you can get approved again, just make sure to write an sop.
Thank you for the guidance.

I'm sorry 3rd question was same like 2nd Question that My previous visa cancellation will affect my new application??

I'm still in dilemma, whether my visa chances will be higher if i got approved before.

kamal1334

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Niagara Falls
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Nissshann said:
Thank you for the guidance.

I'm sorry 3rd question was same like 2nd Question that My previous visa cancellation will affect my new application??

I'm still in dilemma, whether my visa chances will be higher if i got approved before.
You will be fine as long as there is an explanation provided (about your situation) alongside the other documents.

Nissshann

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
kamal1334 said:
You will be fine as long as there is an explanation provided (about your situation) alongside the other documents.
One more Que. that "M I eligible for SPP category ?? As previously I applied under SPP and granted for visa.
I'm aware of that if u got rejection under SPP then u can't apply again under SPP. However in my case I got visa approved so.....????

And Thank you so much for giving me useful information and positive thinking. Really Appreciated

kamal1334

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Niagara Falls
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Nissshann said:
One more Que. that "M I eligible for SPP category ?? As previously I applied under SPP and granted for visa.
I'm aware of that if u got rejection under SPP then u can't apply again under SPP. However in my case I got visa approved so.....????

And Thank you so much for giving me useful information and positive thinking. Really Appreciated
Hi ,
sorry for taking this long to reply, I don't know about that ,but even if you are not eligible for spp , go for the general, I applied in the general category and got approved.
I hope somebody else answers that question, and you are welcome,good luck.