+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query Regarding Spouse visa for an International Student, Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

gehlot.paresh

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Hello,

I have completed my BCA and MCA in India.
I have done WES of both the degrees.

I completed my MCA in April, 2013
Thereafter I joined an IT company and even now am working as a software engineer.

My total work experience in this field is almost 3 years

I have applied for Post Graduation course named Website Design and Development, which is of two years
I got an offer letter from the college for sept 2016 intake Canada.
I just need to pay my first semester fees now.

My age is 27 years, I got married before two years. I don't have any baby for now :D

I want my wife to join me to Canada.

My wife has completed B.com(WES done) and is a house wife.

This was all about me.

Coming to the queries part related to me:
1. What are my chances of getting student VISA?
2. If it is not easy to get the same, what are the things I can improve for getting VISA?
3. How much time will it take to get my VISA stamped?
4. Is it easy to get a part time job in IT field after getting student VISA?
5. In best case if I get an IT job, and the employer is ready to give me full time job(I know it may never happen, but still, if the employer is ready to give me full time job), then Can I work full time? If yes, can I apply for the full time work permit?

Coming to the description part related to my wife:
There are three possible way for me to take my wife to Canada:

a. Apply for both together, that is I keep my file as a student and my wife's file as a dependent as Open Work Permit, where she can do full time work as a dependent, and can support me.

b. First apply for myself as a student, and then within six months, apply for her as a Visitor Visa, once that gets completed, I apply for her as a dependent and get a Open Work Permit.

c. First apply for myself as a student, and then apply for her as Temporary Residence.

Queries related to my wife:
1. Which will be the best option for my wife to join me? a, b or c
2. Out of all the above options(a, b and c), what are the chances of getting my wife's Visa?
3. If in worst case, am not able to get my wife out of all the above three options(a, b or c), how can I bring my wife to Canada?

I have read many posts on Canada Visa that rules are getting easy for an International students and it is getting easier for student to bring spouse in Canada with him/her,
but
I haven't came across a single link
where I have found that Student is applying for his student Visa and
i. simultaneously he is applying for his spouse as dependent or Open Work Permit, and have got success
ii. after getting student permit, his wife Visa is getting stamped as Visitor Visa and then as Open Work permit
iii. after getting student permit, his wife Visa got stamped as Temporary resident.

I want my wife to join or be there with me.

I request all of you to help me with my queries.

All your help is greatly appreciated.

Once again I thank you all for all your valuable time and support.

Vishrut1987

Feb 10, 2016
Hi same is the case with me...

Did you get any option for taking your spouse with you..

If you succeeded please can you help me..

Your support would be a great help to me,,,

Thanks...

gehlot.paresh said:
Hello,

Thereafter I joined an IT company and even now am working as a software engineer.

I have applied for Post Graduation course named Website Design and Development, which is of two years

My age is 27 years, I got married before two years. I don't have any baby for now :D

This was all about me.

2. If it is not easy to get the same, what are the things I can improve for getting VISA?
5. In best case if I get an IT job, and the employer is ready to give me full time job(I know it may never happen, but still, if the employer is ready to give me full time job), then Can I work full time? If yes, can I apply for the full time work permit?

a. Apply for both together, that is I keep my file as a student and my wife's file as a dependent as Open Work Permit, where she can do full time work as a dependent, and can support me.

b. First apply for myself as a student, and then within six months, apply for her as a Visitor Visa, once that gets completed, I apply for her as a dependent and get a Open Work Permit.

c. First apply for myself as a student, and then apply for her as Temporary Residence.

2. Out of all the above options(a, b and c), what are the chances of getting my wife's Visa?
3. If in worst case, am not able to get my wife out of all the above three options(a, b or c), how can I bring my wife to Canada?

I have read many posts on Canada Visa that rules are getting easy for an International students and it is getting easier for student to bring spouse in Canada with him/her,
but
i. simultaneously he is applying for his spouse as dependent or Open Work Permit, and have got success
ii. after getting student permit, his wife Visa is getting stamped as Visitor Visa and then as Open Work permit
iii. after getting student permit, his wife Visa got stamped as Temporary resident.

khalirak

Sep 21, 2013
gehlot.paresh said:
Hello,

This was all about me.

but

I know my one friend who got student visa then his wife got visitor visa and after reaching to canada she got OWP. Even she worked on OWP and they filed their PR on based of that. So I guess this option will be best and we have example of success.

gehlot.paresh

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Vishrut1987 said:
Hi same is the case with me...

Did you get any option for taking your spouse with you..

If you succeeded please can you help me..

Your support would be a great help to me,,,

Thanks...
Hello
I applied for my student visa first, as I read many threads on this forum that it's better to apply first
And then apply for spouse

Below are my details:

Applied for 2 years Post Graduation course
Applied on date:04th July, 2016
Paper based
Ahmedabad VFS
File processed at Bangalore
Linked Paper Application to online
Medical Passed on Date:13th July, 2016
Application Approved:27th July, 2016

Please feel free to contact me if there's any query, will be happy to help you in the best way I can

Vishrut1987

Feb 10, 2016
Can we exchange our contact numbers,
I am also from Ahmedabad.

My email is vishrut_shah_87@yahoo.co.in

Thanks,

gehlot.paresh said:
Hello
I applied for my student visa first, as I read many threads on this forum that it's better to apply first

Below are my details:

Paper based
Ahmedabad VFS

Please feel free to contact me if there's any query, will be happy to help you in the best way I can

rivalkiran

Jul 28, 2016
@gehlot.paresh, did you get any email from CIC about the approval? or have you received your passport with visa? I also linked paper application with mycic. Similar is the situation as of yours. Medical passed and decision is "This application is approved". I haven't got any email notification and still waiting for passport. Please share your story so it will be easy for me to wait.

gehlot.paresh

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
rivalkiran said:
@gehlot.paresh, did you get any email from CIC about the approval? or have you received your passport with visa? I also linked paper application with mycic. Similar is the situation as of yours. Medical passed and decision is "This application is approved". I haven't got any email notification and still waiting for passport. Please share your story so it will be easy for me to wait.
You will get mail in your cic account
And
Within 2days you will get your passport with stamp

vinithgandhir

Jul 6, 2016
gehlot.paresh said:
Hello

Below are my details:

Paper based
Ahmedabad VFS

Hi Buddy,

In the same boat as you, I have applied for me first on 20th july 2016 waiting for results then I will apply for my wife - do message me your contact number over following email: vinith.cecri@gmail.com

Thanks
Vinith Gandhi R

SUR_IBM@TRU

Aug 3, 2016
Hi All,

I am also in the same situation. Got admission in TRU IBM 2 years course.

Applied from Delhi VFS on 21 July 2016 and waiting for approval.
Once after getting visa stamping, need help in applying for spouse and kid.
Please share your exp.

Thanks