+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding SOWP application along with PGWP renewal application.

meghajugran

Jul 21, 2021
Hello Everyone,
I hope you all are doing great.
I had a quick question about SOWP and was hoping to get some feedback on that.

My spouse is already working there in Canada under his PGWP(Post Graduate Work Permit). As his work permit nears the expiration date in like an year from now, he plans on renewing it sometime soon.

Question I had was like:
Would it possible for my Spouse to apply for his work permit renewal and at the same time attach our SOWP application with his PGPW renewal application?

If Yes, would it affect the overall processing time of the combined application?

If No, should he first apply for his PGPW renewal and then later after getting his PGPW renewed we initiate a new SOWP application.

Any answers to this would be a great help.

Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How is he renewing a PGWP? When it expires, you stop working. It is only given once. Will he have a job offer and applying for a LMIA? Will he have applied for PR and received an ITA?

meghajugran

Jul 21, 2021
How is he renewing a PGWP? When it expires, you stop working. It is only given once. Will he have a job offer and applying for a LMIA? Will he have applied for PR and received an ITA?
Hi..his passport is valid until August'22 so he got his work permit in December-2020 for 1.5 years ..now he will apply to renew it for next 1.5 years ..hope that clarifies the renewal thing. :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi..his passport is valid until August'22 so he got his work permit in December-2020 for 1.5 years ..now he will apply to renew it for next 1.5 years ..hope that clarifies the renewal thing. :)
You can apply for SOWP at the same time as renewal as long as he is in a NOC A, B or 0 job. He must include employment letter and at least 4 pay stubs. His renewal should not changed the processing time but yours may take longer.

meghajugran

Jul 21, 2021
Hi,
Thanks a lot for your reply. I have one more query ..if you can help me with it..

Do we need to mention in our SOWP application that he has applied for his PGWP extension?
Or
In PGWP extension application, should we mention that we have also applied for SOWP?

Regards

Maheen Hanif

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello Everyone,
I hope you all are doing great.
I had a quick question about SOWP and was hoping to get some feedback on that.

My spouse is already working there in Canada under his PGWP(Post Graduate Work Permit). As his work permit nears the expiration date in like an year from now, he plans on renewing it sometime soon.

Question I had was like:
Would it possible for my Spouse to apply for his work permit renewal and at the same time attach our SOWP application with his PGPW renewal application?

If Yes, would it affect the overall processing time of the combined application?

If No, should he first apply for his PGPW renewal and then later after getting his PGPW renewed we initiate a new SOWP application.

Any answers to this would be a great help.

Thanks.
Hey megha we are in the exact situation right now have you got ur visas approved please tell me