+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding SIN

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
Hi,
Please advise if I can apply for SIN as soon I get letter of introduction and counterfoil on my passport ? I do not have Canadian address at the moment, moreover I'm in my home country.

Can I apply from here giving proof of address in my home country? I want to complete SIN requirements as well before landing in Canada.

Please advise.

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
No, you can get it after getting your study permit at airport itself. Just ask the immigration officer for SIN. It takes 10 minutes.
Oh thanks for the info ! Much appreciated.

Any idea where to direct at the airport to apply for it ? I didn't knew we could apply for it at airport as well because as per IRCC website it say's I should apply online or by post to Service Canada offices, moreover it will take about 21 days to receive.

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
Oh thanks for the info ! Much appreciated.

Any idea where to direct at the airport to apply for it ? I didn't knew we could apply for it at airport as well because as per IRCC website it say's I should apply online or by post to Service Canada offices, moreover it will take about 21 days to receive.
Don't worry about it at all. You will be directed to the immigration and customs department once you arrive in Canada. And once they issue you a study permit, tell them that you also wanna apply for SIN.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
At airport ? How is that? I thought we can only apply for SIN after arriving via mail / online.
You can get it at some airports with a service canada office if you arrive when its open or you go to their office and get it same day, you can do it online due to covid now & they might also come to your school and issue students a SIN there. make sure the permit you get at the airport says you can work.

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
Don't worry about it at all. You will be directed to the immigration and customs department once you arrive in Canada. And once they issue you a study permit, tell them that you also wanna apply for SIN.
Thanks bud for the info ! I'll be arriving in Saskatoon, Canada. I hope they do have the service there.

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
You can get it at some airports with a service canada office if you arrive when its open or you go to their office and get it same day, you can do it online due to covid now & they might also come to your school and issue students a SIN there. make sure the permit you get at the airport says you can work.
Thanks man for the info ! I hope service Canada do have office at YXE airport (Saskatoon). I'll be arriving there.

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
Can I email CBSA to include those conditions on my study permit ?

International_Student

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Service Canada office at Toronto airport is closed. I travelled two weeks back. You will have to apply for it during your self isolation period or book an appointment for a day after your isolation. When I called to book my appointment they also asked me when my isolation is getting over.