+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding prior permit refusal

Economist9

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
Hi eveyone!

I am preparing to submit an EE profile, and I was not sure whether a situation counts as a refusal or not.

During the very first time I came to Canada, I was given my physical study permit document at the airport. At that point, I asked the officer if I could also receive a co-op work permit, because I was planning to do co-op later that year. I showed the officer the co-op letter from my University which mentions that I need to do 2 co-op terms for my degree.

The officer said that I was only approved for a study permit, which was what I was given at the airport. That was correct because the application I had submitted was only for a study permit. I had not included a request for the coop permit in my original application. The officer said that I would have to apply online separately for the co-op work permit.

Later on, I applied online for the co-op work permit and was approved for this as well. This is why I was wondering whether this situation counts as a refusal of a permit, where I verbally asked the officer for a co-op work permit and they asked me to apply for it separately online.

I would be very grateful for any advice or suggestions please. Thank you so much.

@scylla

I wanted to request your input and advice pls...thank you so much.

Last edited: