+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding PGWP

Smdv129

Aug 4, 2017
Hello

I am not sure in which thread I should I write this. So, I'm just posting it here.

I am currently pursuing a Bachelors degree from a Canadian university(4 years degree program). I am currently in my last year.
I was a part time student in 2015 for a whole year. I was unable to clear two courses in Fall 2014. In my Bachelors, all courses of a semester are pre-requisites of the next term's courses. I had to re-take those two courses before I could take any other course. Unfortunately it was Christmas and I was busy re-evaluating my exams (hoping I don't have to retake it). I totally forgot to re enroll for one course and missed the deadline to register for that class. So I had to take that course in Fall 2015 along with the course which was unlocked by completing the one course (I was unable to clear this course in Fall 2014) in Winter 2015. I also took two courses in summer 2015. Those courses were part of my course list. So I took courses worth 17 credits in 2015.

My query is that will it have any effect on my pgwp? I was completely oblivious to the CIC rules. Only recently one of my friend gave me heads up regarding pgwp rules. I'm extremely worried and afraid to directly contact CIC regarding it. Any sort of information would be extremely helpful.

Thank You

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ultimately it will be up to the visa officer. What we have generally seen here is if someone is part time for only one semester then they are usually OK. If they are part time for two or more semesters - the PGWP is typically refused for not meeting the full time studies requirement. But again, impossible for any of us to say what will happen for certain. Good luck.

kingvis

Jul 31, 2019
Hello

I am not sure in which thread I should I write this. So, I'm just posting it here.

I am currently pursuing a Bachelors degree from a Canadian university(4 years degree program). I am currently in my last year.
I was a part time student in 2015 for a whole year. I was unable to clear two courses in Fall 2014. In my Bachelors, all courses of a semester are pre-requisites of the next term's courses. I had to re-take those two courses before I could take any other course. Unfortunately it was Christmas and I was busy re-evaluating my exams (hoping I don't have to retake it). I totally forgot to re enroll for one course and missed the deadline to register for that class. So I had to take that course in Fall 2015 along with the course which was unlocked by completing the one course (I was unable to clear this course in Fall 2014) in Winter 2015. I also took two courses in summer 2015. Those courses were part of my course list. So I took courses worth 17 credits in 2015.

My query is that will it have any effect on my pgwp? I was completely oblivious to the CIC rules. Only recently one of my friend gave me heads up regarding pgwp rules. I'm extremely worried and afraid to directly contact CIC regarding it. Any sort of information would be extremely helpful.

Thank You
I have the exact same situation to yours, any update?