+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding passport submission.Please help!

soumyas13

Jun 11, 2012
Hi
Looking out for some help..
My husband and I started the application process while in India with CHC New Delhi, but we had to shift to UAE in between(february 2012) as my husband got a job offer here!And by the time, we updated them on the change of address,we received our medicals request along with passport submission by 23 March 2012.So, our representative mentioned that they had forwarded the request to the concerned CHC authorities and to wait for a response from their end
.Then we received the medical forms in our UAE address on 06 May 2012 with no deadline for submission.We send the medicals within 2 weeks and will be sending the Indian PCC as well as UAE PCC as soon as we get it(hopefully by end of this week)to CHC.
However ,we are unsure , if we have to send the passport now itself or wait for CHC to request it again? We are in a fix because we are not in a position to stay away for more than a month without the passport in UAE.
And if we send the passport now with the PCC, it means we may have to wait indefinitely for the stamping unlike when they request for it.
So kindly advise if we should wait for the passport request or just hand over the passport at an earlier date to CHC ND!
kindly help. :)

coolguy.vanky

Jun 9, 2012
soumyas13 said:
Any suggestion would be welcome.
without passport request from your visa office i would suggest do not send it... in most of the cases now they ask for pcc, rprf, medical and passport... so you can send email and ask about it.....

soumyas13

Jun 11, 2012
Since we had got an earlier request to submit the passport along with medicals, landing fee and pcc...do u think they will again ask for the passport?
anyways like u suggested, i guess, i will just email and enquire!
thanks a lot...

coolguy.vanky

Jun 9, 2012
soumyas13 said:
Since we had got an earlier request to submit the passport along with medicals, landing fee and pcc...do u think they will again ask for the passport?
anyways like u suggested, i guess, i will just email and enquire!
thanks a lot...
if they have already asked you for passport then submit it as early as possible....as you mentioned there is no deadline to submit these docs...so you can do it now.....do it fast otherwise visa office might put your file on hold for a long time as you have got request for docs and passport....

and again check it there must be some date mentioned to submit your docs and pp....in my case i got the date and instruction from visa office to submission of docs, fee and pp

KKm

Apr 24, 2012
i think you should wait for the passport pick up letter or visa ready letter.

soumyas13

Jun 11, 2012
The thing is we had asked for an extension after receiving the request for forms,fee and passport, just immediately after reaching UAE.My husband's passport was with the employer, so we could not send the documents as per their date mentioned(23 March 2012).So we send in a request for an extension.
and then 3 months later, we received medical forms in May 2012,at our UAE ddress.But no communication/acknowledgement from CHC to our request.So we send the medicals immediately along with fee,and started the process of PCC which we hopefully will get by tomorrow.
On the site, it shows "In Process".So its quite confusing!Should we submit passport as we havent received any response to our extension.Also we received the medical forms 3 months later to the initial date of submission,at our UAE address.
Dont want to lose out at this stage .But also handing over passport to CHC without them asking, would result in it being stuck there.Hence, the worry!

soumyas13

Jun 11, 2012
KKm said:
i think you should wait for the passport pick up letter or visa ready letter.
Ideally that is what we would like to do but not sure how CHC New Delhi works and if we will receive a letter as such. :(