+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding NOC change before and after ITA

abhifeb13

May 3, 2015
Hi Folks,

I mentioned NOC for my wife's work experience as '1122' but now after receiving ITA my wife says that NOC should be 4163 as it correctly matches her job responsibilities for reference letters.

Please guide me if changing of NOC is allowed post ITA.
Thanks.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Folks,

I mentioned NOC for my wife's work experience as '1122' but now after receiving ITA my wife says that NOC should be 4163 as it correctly matches her job responsibilities for reference letters.

Please guide me if changing of NOC is allowed post ITA.
Thanks.
YEs, you can change your NOC post ITA. No issues.

However, for dependent spouse, you do not need to show the spouse's work experience as you do not get points for it.

Reactions: ishq74

abhifeb13

May 3, 2015
YEs, you can change your NOC post ITA. No issues.

However, for dependent spouse, you do not need to show the spouse's work experience as you do not get points for it.
As per CIC, if spouse work history is mentioned then reference letters with roles and responsibilities need to be mentioned just like for me.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
As per CIC, if spouse work history is mentioned then reference letters with roles and responsibilities need to be mentioned just like for me.
Then change the NOC and apply.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
You didn't get the point from legalfalcon. You will not receive a single fsw/crs point for fsw dependent spouse work experience if it is outside Canada. So you do not need to mention this experience in work history section. If you do then system will ask you to upload the documents to support it. You can remove the details from work history section (just write No) and mention them in personal history section only. This way system will not ask you to upload any documents. You can remove it now even though you already got the ITA. Many applicants have done that and successfully got PPR.

If you persist to mention the experience, select correct NOC and do the hassle of getting and uploading documents, still it will not yield any benefits because later during assessments a Case Analyst will reset the NOC to 9914 New Worker. This is default for everyone whether you Select a NOC or not for dependent spouse.

Hope it is clear now.

Reactions: abhifeb13

abhifeb13

May 3, 2015
You didn't get the point from legalfalcon. You will not receive a single fsw/crs point for fsw dependent spouse work experience if it is outside Canada. So you do not need to mention this experience in work history section. If you do then system will ask you to upload the documents to support it. You can remove the details from work history section (just write No) and mention them in personal history section only. This way system will not ask you to upload any documents. You can remove it now even though you already got the ITA. Many applicants have done that and successfully got PPR.

If you persist to mention the experience, select correct NOC and do the hassle of getting and uploading documents, still it will not yield any benefits because later during assessments a Case Analyst will reset the NOC to 9914 New Worker. This is default for everyone whether you Select a NOC or not for dependent spouse.

Hope it is clear now.
Thanks a lot for your help. That helps