+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding Manitoba Sponsor for PNP

the1forall

Feb 10, 2014
Hello All,

My friend and her husband are currently P.R. holders and they migrated under MPNP Program. They are living in Manitoba since one and half years now. My friend's husband has sponsored his friend under MPNP General Stream. My friend is not working and she has not sponsored anyone. So can she sponsor me under MPNP General Stream while her husband has an ongoing sponsorship application?

Request the members to please respond at the earliest

Thanks and regards

desi_jatt

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
No she can't.

Husband and wife are considered 1 under MPNP. if her husband has sponsored already sponsored a friend (who is not PR yet) then can not sponser another friend. if you were a close relative(brother/sister/uncle etc) they can.

and only 1 Friend application in 18 months.

the following reply was received form MPNP on Subject:

With respect to your inquiry, a close relative can support more than one application at the same time however a friend or distant relative can support a MPNP application who is not currently supporting the settlement of another MPNP applicant, nominee or person in another Canadian Immigration Program. If you are presently supporting or intend to support a family member, you are not eligible to sign the paperwork for a friend or distant relative. When signing for a friend or distant relative, please remember that you are only able to sign for a friend or distant relative every 18 months and you and your wife are considered as one – no matter how many homes you may have or even if you live in separate homes.

Sincerely,

Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program