+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding landing process

immi12345

Jun 23, 2015
Hi,

Could someone advise on the below query please:

My spouse is the principal applicant in the PR application. We have been recently approved of our PR. To do the landing do we both need to go together or we can separately do the landing. As I have to travel alone outside of Canada for some project while my spouse is in Canada.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can land separately - however your spouse needs to land first.

immi12345

Jun 23, 2015
Thanks scylla,

I have another query below, if you could possible reply. Thanks.

So if we complete the landing now, and then apply for the PR card, the issue is: Right now the PR card processing time is showing as 49 days, so i cannot come back to Canada without this PR card, what could be done in this situation.

Also a few additional questions: Whenever the PR card comes, and if it comes by post is it handed over to individually or only to the principal applicant.

Thanks

gilean

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
It should be on your mailbox, not hand delivered.

You can re-enter Canada by land from the US using a private vehicle (buses etc. doesn't work. you can rent a one-way car though, for example from Buffalo to Toronto), using your COPR. You can also just take a cab/bus to the border, walk past the border using your COPR, and take another cab/bus in Canada.

edit: You can also apply for a travel document from a Canadian embassy but that takes a lot of time depending on the location (it can take couple of weeks). I had a friend who got it in Vienna, Austria, and it took them couple of hours to get it so it depends on the location.

prabjotsingh

Apr 18, 2017
Hi,

I am an Indian CA wanting to migrate to Canada under the express entry FSWP.

Are B.Com and CA Degrees counted as two post secondary Degrees or a single degree?

Can my articleship be counted as work experience for express entry profile?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
prabjotsingh said:
Hi,

Are B.Com and CA Degrees counted as two post secondary Degrees or a single degree?

Usually CA is evaluated to be a Bachelors degree so yes, you will have two post secondary degree.

I am not sure about articleship but it should count.

Dhimant Shah

Jun 23, 2018
Hi,

Did you get answers to these ?