+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

query regarding job experience letter

Labonno

Aug 28, 2016
hi,

is it mandatory to get job experience letter from direct line manager or from HR? I am asking this becoz sometimes it really difficult to manage from them.can I do the signing from one of the senior colleagues from the same department?

another concern is how the verification happens? does cic directly send mail to respective HR or mail to the person who signed the letter?

regards
labonno

epressentry

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20th 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
Med's Done....
Upfront
Preferably, it has to be signed off by the supervisor you are reporting to or atleast the HR department with their respective contact details email, phone, fax and address.

Under no circumstance IRCC will accept any letter signed by the PA.

They verify the letter only if the officer has a suspicion on the letter.

Djikstra

Feb 25, 2016
Labonno said:
hi,

is it mandatory to get job experience letter from direct line manager or from HR? I am asking this becoz sometimes it really difficult to manage from them.can I do the signing from one of the senior colleagues from the same department?

another concern is how the verification happens? does cic directly send mail to respective HR or mail to the person who signed the letter?

regards
labonno
You can get a letter from another senior colleague. It is perfectly fine. But you will have to get it on the official letterhead of the company. If that is not workable, then get a letter on plain paper and attach an affidavit. You can find more information on this thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer-t397796.0.html