+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding ICT

fusedpat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Dear all,

I am currently on Intra company transfer with 6 months Canada experience. As per the recent changes which will be effective from 19 th of November, So will i be getting 50 crs marks ccredited only after i complete 1 year?? As well after 1 year will I be eligible for 35 CRS points with CES eligibility?

Is my understanding correct?

sivasagi

Jan 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fusedpat said:
Dear all,

I am currently on Intra company transfer with 6 months Canada experience. As per the recent changes which will be effective from 19 th of November, So will i be getting 50 crs marks ccredited only after i complete 1 year?? As well after 1 year will I be eligible for 35 CRS points with CES eligibility?

Is my understanding correct?
#1, Yes, you will be credited with 50 points only after you complete one full year working for the same employer that is mentioned on your work permit.

#2, Yes, If you are talking about Canadian experience points for each year that you work in Canada.

fusedpat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Thanks Sivasagi,

One more quick question, my spouse is also working in canada on open work permit with NOC B permanat job, do we have chance to claim any points once my spouse completes one year??

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
fusedpat said:
Thanks Sivasagi,

One more quick question, my spouse is also working in canada on open work permit with NOC B permanat job, do we have chance to claim any points once my spouse completes one year??
Yes, 35 points of one year of Canadian work experience if she is the primary applicant. If not I'm not sure what the points are.

sivasagi

Jan 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fusedpat said:
Thanks Sivasagi,

Not 50 points as open work permit doesn't come in to the category of arranged employment.

nidakh

Mar 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
10th Jan 2021
AOR Received.
10th March 2021
Interview........
Test Completed: Jun 25th 2021
fusedpat said:
Thanks Sivasagi,

You will get 5 points once she completes her one year!

schemingon

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
sivasagi said:
#1, Yes, you will be credited with 50 points only after you complete one full year working for the same employer that is mentioned on your work permit.

#2, Yes, If you are talking about Canadian experience points for each year that you work in Canada.
[/quoteNew rule also says one should have a job offer and
"Job offers will only need to be a minimum of one year in duration once they receive permanent residence."

Which means having an ICT and one year Canadian experience is just not enough to get 50 points.You should also have an offer from your employer for the next 1 year

fusedpat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Sorry can you elobrate more here?? If it is continuous job then we don't require any specific offer letter I believe.. is my understanding correct??