+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding ECA from WES

navi1784

Mar 22, 2015
Hi All,

I was applying for ECS from WES. There are couple of queries I have, sorry for stupid queries but just extra cautious:

- They want all the transcripts attested by registrar and then put in a sealed envelop and send it directly to WES by university if possible. This is fine my university is ready to do that.

- I believe along with transcripts, academic record request form should also be in sealed envelop and it should be filled by my university. Correct me if I am wrong or misunderstood.

- They also want degree certificate but mentioned that the candidate needs to send this directly to WES. Is it fine if my university only send it to WES along with transcripts or is that not allowed? Can it be inside the sealed envelop or should be out only?

And last thing should I get ECS from WES or ICA. Which is better?

Thanks in advance.

rainman400

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey!

I don't think the academic request form is required. I only sent my transcripts and WES gave me the evaluation xD

Can your university send it? If they can, i do not see a problem as long as they get it. I sent it on my own, but as long as it is labelled clearly i do not see a problem :D

WES is quicker in most cases, but their customer service is terrible. So, if for some reason your evaluation gets stuck, then its a problem. It happens one in ten times if I am not wrong so its worth the gamble.

navi1784

Mar 22, 2015
Thanks Rainman for your response. Yes my university has a procedure to send transcripts in a sealed envelop any where. They will directly courier to Canad, no issue.

As you mentioned that academic request form is not compulsory, that's also fine. In term of labeling, a envelop on which my WES registration no will be mentioned on the top. Will it work or need to mention any thing else as well. Let me know.

And most important what to do with degree certificate. WES mentioned candidate needs to send it, can't university send it along with transcript within sealed envelop. That is my concern.

abhishekrkg

Jul 10, 2014
Hello,

There is no need to send academic request form. Just take photocopies of your marksheets (All semester) and degree certificate. Give all docs to university for attestation by REGISTRAR or authorized signatory, give them an envelope and ask them to put attested copies in that envelope. Seal that envelope and put sign and stamp across closing area.

Take this envelope and put it into another envelope put photocopy of passport and fee receipt printout.

I suggest to go with WES.

Nil787

Mar 23, 2015
Hi

I am in Toronto , can you please tell me how I can process from here. I have already registered on WES

pravatmail

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have done my Bachelor degree (BCOM) and Master degree (MCA) from India.
Do I need to evaluate both the degree for Express Entry or only the highest degree that is MCA ?