+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query on Work Permit title Interactive Media Prog & Develop and responsibilties

aj198

Sep 16, 2013
Dear Friends,

My work permit states my job title as "Interactive Media Programmer and Developer" which falls under NOC 2174. For this NOC, the cic hrsdc website mentions 2 types of roles and responsibilities and one of the job titles as Software developer. The 2 types of roles and responsibilities stated are under Computer Programmer and Interactive Media Developer. My actual job duties match those stated under Computer Programmer but does not completely match with those mentioned under Interactive Media Developer.

In that case, is it right for me to apply PR under CEC economic class with job title as "Software Developer" and NOC as 2174 whereas the WP states the job title as "Interactive Media and Developer".

Experts, Please help me with my query. I want to apply for PR as soon as I am clear about this query. Also, in such a case is it advisable to apply through a lawyer.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
The title does not matter. The duties in your reference letter have to match
the duties mentioned on the HRSDC website.
So if you plan on applying under 2174, make sure that your reference letter matches the
duties on the website and you're all good.

aj198

Sep 16, 2013
Thanks Toby :) ...that clears quite a lot for me. My Roles and responsibilities do match with those stated under NOC 2174 as a Computer programmer ... So I guess I will go ahead