+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query on Travel ban exceptions for open work permit holders

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I did provide all necessary details and mentioned reason for travel to reunite with my husband. They rejected my request saying it is non essential. Anyone has any idea when can they actually reopen borders for all international travel?
Nobody really knows although original emergency order had a June 30 date but that is not an indication when travel restrictions might ease. The fact that even the US Canada border is keeping restrictions for another month does not bode well for international air travel from other countries. Even if some restrictions are lifted airlines will take some time to bring routes and schedules back.

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Hi I am the same situation as your husband. I am also in open work permit. I tried to board the plane with my daughter who is on student visa. But we were denied boarding. Airlines contact border patrol and they said our trip was non essential.
Hi, can you share what airport was it? Also, were you denied at the check in desk or later during immigration check at the airport itself?

smileyface19

Star Member
Oct 3, 2019
I did provide all necessary details and mentioned reason for travel to reunite with my husband. They rejected my request saying it is non essential. Anyone has any idea when can they actually reopen borders for all international travel?
It had been extended for a month the travel ban
What is your visa and your husband's visa?

smileyface19

Star Member
Oct 3, 2019
Hi, can you share what airport was it? Also, were you denied at the check in desk or later during immigration check at the airport itself?
Im from Philippines. Denied at check in desk. Airlines have protocols to contact CBSA before anyone not on PR or not Canadian Citizen can board the plane. So it's the same regardless of Port of origin. CBSA has the final say.

smileyface19

Star Member
Oct 3, 2019
FYI even if we can secure a letter CBSA will decide on a case by case basis. If you have a job offer chances are higher. If no job offer chances are that your travel is non essential and they won't let you enter the country even if you were able to board the plane or even if you have an IRCC letter.

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Hi !

My canada WP (ICT) was approved in Nov 2019.I did not enter canada yet.I am in US currently.My company is requesting me to work remotely from canada, as my work authorization in US is still pending adjudication from USCIS.

Is it possible to enter canada in the given circumstances? what chances do i have

Kindly advise
Same boat as you my friend, I am not sure if we can enter too, let me know if you make any progress

YogeshGUSA

Jul 31, 2020
Hey, were you able to travel to Canada without job offer . Did you receive any authorization letter . I’m going to travel next week with my wife but did not receive any response from IRCC yet after 3 weeks. Also please let me know if CBSA officer will talk to us directly at check in desk.

Aug 5, 2019
Hi, I got an offer letter so, booked tickets without any authorization letter. They didn't ask anything at London airport, they just saw my Visa and as I had dependent Visa, allowed me to board the flight. At Toronto airport while providing work permit document they asked me for the offer letter and didn't actually verified or asked many questions. I came to Canada in July.