+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query on proof of fund

Antony_23

Dec 6, 2016
Dear Members,

I have received an intimation that I am eligible for applying to Ontario Province. At the same time, my agency is telling that I should show 6 months proof of fund while applying for Ontario.Currently I have only 1 month proof of fund for me. Am I eligibile to apply with this proof? Is it mandatory to show bank statement of 6 months while applying to Ontario Province?

Any suggestions on this topic is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Antony

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017
Why cannot you show the other months? Just ask your bank get those statements for you. if this account is new, you can just show the statements from the beginning of this account.

Antony_23

Dec 6, 2016
Why cannot you show the other months? Just ask your bank get those statements for you. if this account is new, you can just show the statements from the beginning of this account.

Thanks for the response.
The problem is that before one month my account don't have sufficient fund. I started an Fixed Deposit just one month before. As the FD is not six month old, I am not able to show that as a proof.

Will it be ok to show a Fixed deposit which is one month old while applying for Ontario?

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Thanks for the response.
The problem is that before one month my account don't have sufficient fund. I started an Fixed Deposit just one month before. As the FD is not six month old, I am not able to show that as a proof.

Will it be ok to show a Fixed deposit which is one month old while applying for Ontario?
If you can show where the money for your Fixed deposit came from, you're good to go - for example, was it given to you by your parents (you'll need a gift deed) or did you transfer the money from another account (you'll need to show statements from that account).

Good luck.