+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query on Police Clearance Certificate Validity

May 10, 2020
Hi,

I am going to apply for Express Entry CEC coming months September. I will be making PCC from BLS Canada prior to application.
I want to go back to India post application of Express Entry.
My queries are below:
1. Can I go back to India post Express Entry application, wait for ITA in India and continue my application updates from India?
2. Will I have to apply for new PCC when I land to India?
3. Should I apply for PCC if IRCC asks for it or 6 months expire?
4. Should I apply for PCC post ITA or before in India?

I am quite confused on PCC part. Please suggest what's necessary and should be done when and where.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi,

I am going to apply for Express Entry CEC coming months September. I will be making PCC from BLS Canada prior to application.
I want to go back to India post application of Express Entry.
My queries are below:
1. Can I go back to India post Express Entry application, wait for ITA in India and continue my application updates from India?
2. Will I have to apply for new PCC when I land to India?
3. Should I apply for PCC if IRCC asks for it or 6 months expire?
4. Should I apply for PCC post ITA or before in India?

I am quite confused on PCC part. Please suggest what's necessary and should be done when and where.

Thanks a lot in advance.
PCC needs to be when you have left the country and not when you ate staying there.

May 10, 2020
PCC needs to be when you have left the country and not when you ate staying there.
Thanks for your reply.
So do you suggest that I should submit my application in Canada, leave for India and immediately apply for PCC in India there so that I have the same at the time ITA is received if received within 6 months ?