+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query on OINP nomination

ruchit b

May 23, 2024
Hi everyone,

I need your help with a query I have since a few days. I have completed my project management 1 year course in Ontario and am a retail supervisor since December 2023. Please note that I am still on student visa. I got to know that OINP stream is accepting 1 year post graduate courses along with a sponsorship letter from your employer in order to get 45 to 50 additional points for PR. Is it true?

My total experience in my home country is 13 years, out of which 8 years is into project management. What could be the possible options for PR? Will I have to take a new course so that I get a 3 years PGWP? Or you think given my experience, i get get through with an employer sponsorship form / letter?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

I need your help with a query I have since a few days. I have completed my project management 1 year course in Ontario and am a retail supervisor since December 2023. Please note that I am still on student visa. I got to know that OINP stream is accepting 1 year post graduate courses along with a sponsorship letter from your employer in order to get 45 to 50 additional points for PR. Is it true?

My total experience in my home country is 13 years, out of which 8 years is into project management. What could be the possible options for PR? Will I have to take a new course so that I get a 3 years PGWP? Or you think given my experience, i get get through with an employer sponsorship form / letter?
No. The stream you are talking about is a non EE stream so not tied to EE. Calculate your OINP score and see if score and NOC are drawn. Not eligible until you graduate and have employer willing to support nomination by filling out the forms.

Reactions: ruchit b

ruchit b

May 23, 2024
No. The stream you are talking about is a non EE stream so not tied to EE. Calculate your OINP score and see if score and NOC are drawn. Not eligible until you graduate and have employer willing to support nomination by filling out the forms.
Thanks for the quick response. Employer is ready to fill the forms. If I graduate and apply for work visa, will it be considered for additional points for OINP

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the quick response. Employer is ready to fill the forms. If I graduate and apply for work visa, will it be considered for additional points for OINP
Not for Express Entry. It is a different stream. Look at the OINP site and calculate score. Look at draws and then see if your score and NOC are high enough. Focus has been on healthcare, trades etc.

Reactions: ruchit b