luckyroyal

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-Apr-2013
Hi,
If the old citizen ship rules comes into effect, I will be eligible for applying the citizenship by this July and as a result, I am in process of gathering all required information/documents.

We do have one query on the subject line "Language proof if you are 18-64 years of age"
1) I have completed Master of Computer Science from India in 2000 (Of course in English MEDICUM). But I could not find specifically I studied in ENGLISH medium in the convocation certificate (But found the same in Degree mark sheets)
2) My Wife did Pre-university (Karnataka - INDIA) . Even her mark sheets as well only SECONDARY certificate I do see MEDIUM - ENGLISH but could not find anything specifc in PRE-UNIVERSITY certificate.

Now our Query : Do we (both me and my wife) need to write separately IELTS or CELPIG-G exam? Is it Just enough to prove my M.SC Convocation certificate to say my Eduction was in ENGLISH medium? and show both SECONDARY and PRE-UNIVERSITY certificates for my wife?

regards
luckyroayl.

rabia_rak

Star Member
Jul 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
4152 (SW)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Sep-11 (Reached 03-Oct-2012)
AOR Received.
29-Dec-11
File Transfer...
12-Jun-2012
Med's Request
08-Jul-2012 (letter dated 12-Jun-2012)
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2012 (Reached 20-Jul-2012)
Passport Req..
29-Aug-2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
Did you find answers to your questions, I am in the same boat.
have done Master's from India and wondering if degree/transcript will be enough for language proof ?

Thanks

Canadiangoose

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
One of the forum members did the following and theirs was accepted.:
1. Masters Degree from India (Genetics)
2. Letter from university stating that medium of instruction was English.
Did not provide any mark-list or transcripts.
The letter from university was in their official letterhead; but was not sealed. IRCC accepted and processed.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
rabia_rak said:
Did you find answers to your questions, I am in the same boat.
have done Master's from India and wondering if degree/transcript will be enough for language proof ?

Thanks
I submitted the following:
My Bachelors Degree (Computers)
Marksheets
Letter from institute stating that medium of instruction was english

Master's degree (Computers)
Transcripts
Letter from the university stating that medium of instruction was english

I think english medium letter is a important part and if possible get it from your university.
Now at the end , it is up to cic assessing officer to determine if your degree/transcript would be accepted or not. CIC must have an internal criteria to check if the proof is acceptable or not (may be they check the stream, marks scored etc etc, just my wild guess)

If your proof is accepted then well and good. If your application is returned because of insufficient language proof then you may need to do CELPIP G LS or CELPIP G or IELTS General

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I submitted the following:
My Bachelors Degree (Computers)
Marksheets
Letter from institute stating that medium of instruction was english

Master's degree (Computers)
Transcripts
Letter from the university stating that medium of instruction was english

I think english medium letter is a important part and if possible get it from your university.
Now at the end , it is up to cic assessing officer to determine if your degree/transcript would be accepted or not. CIC must have an internal criteria to check if the proof is acceptable or not (may be they check the stream, marks scored etc etc, just my wild guess)

If your proof is accepted then well and good. If your application is returned because of insufficient language proof then you may need to do CELPIP G LS or CELPIP G or IELTS General
CELPIP G LS is sufficient and is the easiest and cheapest one ( only $175) but it needs to be booked as early as possible since the seats of this test are highly demanded . Also, a copy of an IELTS General test which was used for immigration purposes can be submitted (even if it is expired and you don't have the original copy).

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agree

oldfriend said:
CELPIP G LS is sufficient and is the easiest and cheapest one ( only $175) but it needs to be booked as early as possible since the seats of this test are highly demanded . Also, a copy of an IELTS General test which was used for immigration purposes can be submitted (even if it is expired and you don't have the original copy).