+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query of SOWP and Dependent child SP

subomand

Dec 2, 2019
Hello Group Members,
My status - PGWP
I am working on my spouse SOWP & study permit for my 6 yr old daughter.
For my daughter , I didn't noticed medical exam requirement.
  1. IRCC doesn't need medical for a 6 yr old ? I was planning for upfront medical.
  2. For my daughter's study permit , Letter of acceptance required . Shall I attach a letter instead of LOA stating that my daughter will attend elementary school and LOA is exempted in this case ?

thuyle1905

Nov 4, 2021
Hello Group Members,
My status - PGWP
I am working on my spouse SOWP & study permit for my 6 yr old daughter.
For my daughter , I didn't noticed medical exam requirement.
  1. IRCC doesn't need medical for a 6 yr old ? I was planning for upfront medical.
  2. For my daughter's study permit , Letter of acceptance required . Shall I attach a letter instead of LOA stating that my daughter will attend elementary school and LOA is exempted in this case ?
1. Yes, IRCC mentioned that on their website
2. If your child is not in Canada, you can attach a letter of explanation rather than LOA.

Reactions: subomand
Aug 25, 2022
Hello Everyone, Myself and my wife are work permit holders. I want to apply for a study permit for my daughter and who is 5 years old. She is currently in India. Can anyone kindly explain what option to choose for this questions :- Are you a spouse, common-law partner or child of a certain skilled worker or of a certain full-time international student that has or will have status in Canada?

subomand

Dec 2, 2019
1. Yes, IRCC mentioned that on their website
2. If your child is not in Canada, you can attach a letter of explanation rather than LOA.
I am trying to see figure out where IRCC mentioned on website that a 6 year for a more than 6 month temporary stay not requires a medical. Can you please help me with the webpage link. Thanks

thuyle1905

Nov 4, 2021
I am trying to see figure out where IRCC mentioned on website that a 6 year for a more than 6 month temporary stay not requires a medical. Can you please help me with the webpage link. Thanks
Sorry for confusion. When I said Yes, I meant kids had to do medical checks as well. I applied for my family and they requested medical for both my 10 and 5 year-old kids.