+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query in regards to BOWP

sonny_saa

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Hi Guys,

I applied for immigration (CEC) last yr in Oct 2014 and after getting my AOR in February, I haven't heard anything from CIC. Meanwhile I also applied for my bowp because my work permit was expiring on 31st of Aug.

Now here's my dilemma, I recently got an ITA for express entry and I'm planning on going ahead with it but I still haven't received my BOWP. My concern is if I go for express entry my BOWP might get rejected because I applied for it under CEC.

What are your suggestions?

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Did u get ITA for CEC or FSW? apparently, both applications will be simultaneously eb in process until CIC reaches out to you and asks you to officially withdraw one of the application.. this is what i hv read in this forum.. so even if you apply for EE, you will get a fresh AOR instead of original CEC AOR so u will still be fine when it comes to BOWP.

sonny_saa said:
Hi Guys,

I applied for immigration (CEC) last yr in Oct 2014 and after getting my AOR in February, I haven't heard anything from CIC. Meanwhile I also applied for my bowp because my work permit was expiring on 31st of Aug.

Now here's my dilemma, I recently got an ITA for express entry and I'm planning on going ahead with it but I still haven't received my BOWP. My concern is if I go for express entry my BOWP might get rejected because I applied for it under CEC.

What are your suggestions?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
sonny_saa said:
Hi Guys,

No dilemma, your EE application will have no impact on your BOWP. You're allowed to have 2 applications at the same time, the 2nd will not cancel the first, and you still have the CEC application in process, so there should be no issues.

Wavy

Aug 15, 2014
jes_ON said:
No dilemma, your EE application will have no impact on your BOWP. You're allowed to have 2 applications at the same time, the 2nd will not cancel the first, and you still have the CEC application in process, so there should be no issues.
Hi Jes_ON

I need your expertise to answer my question please. I applied for an extension of my PGWP and it got rejected because I'm still waiting for an ITA for my EE profile and have no AOR. so technically I have been working on Implied status during the processing of the extension of my WP. The rejection letter mentioned that my temporary status is valid until September 15th. I submitted another application (open work permit) before Midnight on that same day. Does that maintain my "implied status" since the application was submitted before the expiration of my temporary resident status as worker?

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Wavy said:
I applied for an extension of my PGWP and it got rejected because I'm still waiting for an ITA for my EE profile and have no AOR. so technically I have been working on Implied status during the processing of the extension of my WP. The rejection letter mentioned that my temporary status is valid until September 15th. I submitted another application (open work permit) before Midnight on that same day. Does that maintain my "implied status" since the application was submitted before the expiration of my temporary resident status as worker?

Unfortunately, no, not on the basis of the current instructions on the CIC website.

In the past, people were able to get away with this because instructions about implied status did not specifically address this situation.

Now they do:

"if refused or rejected, and original permit was expired when 2nd application was sent, then client loses their "implied status" and is considered out of status. (The 2nd application would be missing restoration fees & returned to client for being incomplete.)"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp

kamatmahesh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Toronto
Hello

I have started an online application and just wanted to check if i got everything right before i submit my application

For me :
a. Application to extend stay as a worker -IMM5710
b. Medical examination proof
c. Use of a family member rep - IMM5713
d. Marriage Certificate
e. Digital photograph
f. Cover letter explaining my situation
g. Family member proof status - Her open work permit(expiry same as mine)
h. Travel document(Passport front, back and other stamped pages)

For my spouse :
a. Application to extend stay her stay as a worker - IMM5710
b. Medical examination proof
c. Cover letter explaining her situation(similar but not same as mine)
d. Travel document(Passport front, back and other stamped pages)

Please let me know if i have missed anything at all from the obvious ones mentioned in the checklist, something that might be good to make the application strong ?

Cheers
M