+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query: How to deposit fees to College in Canada (Travelex, credit card, wire ?)

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

There seems to be four methods available for International Students to submit fees in Canadian college/uni:

1. Through Travelex (most preferred by college/uni)
2. Direct wire transfer from local bank to college bank
3. International PO
4. Credit Card

I'm planning to use the first one (Travelex). Since INR is not a listed currency, I have to use USD as a transfer currency.

I wanted to get personal opinion from people who had submitted their fees through either of the four methods and their pro-cons. Is it cost efficient than wire transfer/credit card, and safe?

In addition, can we submit the receipt we get from bank/Travelex with the visa application, or do we need to get a formal receipt from college to attach to the visa application?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks,
GS

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GS_Stud said:
Hi,

There seems to be four methods available for International Students to submit fees in Canadian college/uni:

1. Through Travelex (most preferred by college/uni)
2. Direct wire transfer from local bank to college bank
3. International PO
4. Credit Card

I'm planning to use the first one (Travelex). Since INR is not a listed currency, I have to use USD as a transfer currency.

I wanted to get personal opinion from people who had submitted their fees through either of the four methods and their pro-cons. Is it cost efficient than wire transfer/credit card, and safe?

In addition, can we submit the receipt we get from bank/Travelex with the visa application, or do we need to get a formal receipt from college to attach to the visa application?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks,
GS
HI GS

Travelex or wire transfer would be the best options

afridi2482

Apr 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2011
Med's Request
24-03-2011
Med's Done....
28-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2011
LANDED..........
September 2011
hey bro i submitted my fee via wire transfer... and i asked university to send me a receipt so that i may attach it with my application and they did so via an email. u can contact ur local bank and ask them the rate at which they wil send ur money..

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Obeid, Afridi;

Did anybody used and have personal experience with Travelex? As per my college website, this is the most efficient and fast way to deposit fees.

Thanks,
GS

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GS_Stud said:
Thanks Obeid, Afridi;

Did anybody used and have personal experience with Travelex? As per my college website, this is the most efficient and fast way to deposit fees.

Thanks,
GS
well if you wire the funds it would probably take a week or 13 days max ( sometimes it takes longer)

I've heard Travelex is also good. If you do decide to send through Travelex then compare and check

which service allocates funds faster