+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query for CEC

Sazm

Star Member
May 10, 2016
Hello All,
My question is: Does CEC also depends on your CRS score or just one ye of Canadian Exp in NOC 0, A, B category will get you an invite?
Thanks

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
Hello All,
My question is: Does CEC also depends on your CRS score or just one ye of Canadian Exp in NOC 0, A, B category will get you an invite?
Thanks
You must have at least 1 year of skilled work experience (full time) in Canada to qualify for CEC.

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
Thanks for your reply,
Does ITA still depends on your CRS score, after you qualify for CEC?
Yes, it depends on score to get ranked into the waiting pool. So if you have more points than CRS cutoff, you will automatically get an invitation.
Actually we've just got round of invitation today that means candidates who score more than 469 will get an invitation.
See here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html

MABZ

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
Yes, it depends on score to get ranked into the waiting pool. So if you have more points than CRS cutoff, you will automatically get an invitation.
Actually we've just got round of invitation today that means candidates who score more than 469 will get an invitation.
See here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html
Hi @arajoba, I struggle to see the difference between EE and CEC programs, how is CEC different from EE. in the example above, the 19 Dec invite, is it possible for someone who's CEC qualified (1 year Canadian experience) with a score of less than 469 get an invite?

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
Hi @arajoba, I struggle to see the difference between EE and CEC programs, how is CEC different from EE. in the example above, the 19 Dec invite, is it possible for someone who's CEC qualified (1 year Canadian experience) with a score of less than 469 get an invite?
There are three different programs in Express Entry, CEC is one of them. Others being Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), Federal Skilled Trades (FST). Each one has its own requirements in terms of education, work experience, language skills, job experience and job offer etc.

In CRS, it is technically not possible to get an invitation for individual with less than cut-off score. Meaning invitations will not be given to applicants whose score is 468 or less.

As per my understanding, it is even possible NOT to get an invitation for 469 if there is TIE, ie more than one candidate has 469 score but they all will be ranked differently based on the date and time they submit their profile and THAT RANK MATTERS.
For Dec 19 th draw, 3200 invitations were sent. If it is to happen that one applicant has 469 score but he is ranked 3201 in the pool, he/she won't get invited, assuming there is another applicant with 469 score and ranked 3200.

I may be wrong for tie braking rule I explained above because I don't have personally experienced that. I was invited the next day I submitted my profile. I didn't even get a chance to see my rank in the pool or I was too rookie for that. Also if you notice Tie-breaking rule is always historic to date of draw.