+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query >> Employer from Alberta (Calgary, Edmonton, Fort McMurray)

RTMS

Oct 6, 2021
Hi! Any suggestion or recommendation on how to look for an employer from Alberta (Calgary, Edmonton, Fort McMurray) who will accept foreign workers?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you have work authorization and are in Canada. If not, search for jobs on JobBank, Indeed etc. If interested and the employer wants to offer you a job then the employer pays $1k and applies for LMIA. The employer proves that no Canadian or PR could be hired. Then once the employer has the LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit.

RTMS

Oct 6, 2021
Thank you for the info. But may I know if this really happens even without referrals? :) I mean is it possible to get a job via Job Bank without any connections or referrals?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for the info. But may I know if this really happens even without referrals? :) I mean is it possible to get a job via Job Bank without any connections or referrals?
Very few employers will spend the money, fill out all the paperwork and then wait months for processing. You asked how to do it. Easier to immigrate through Express Entry, if you are eligible and have enough points.