+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query about the 1 year experience

prajesh88

Sep 5, 2013
Hello Everyone. i have a very important query regarding my experience.
I was hired as an electronics Production technician last year on 1 year full time contract.
i started working on 7th of April 2015 ,they have just notified me today that my agreement with the company is getting over and my last day will be on 31st of March 2016.
Would it be considered as 1 year continuous work ? I am so much confused here because my all hopes were on this job .
I want to apply under CEC category .

Please help me in this matter guys.
Thank you.

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
Since you now have to go through Express Entry, the profile maker will probably not consider/recognize it as 1 full year and not give you points for it. :(

Are you eligible to get an IEC visa and get more work experience?

mir237

Jan 30, 2016
prajesh88 said:
I was hired as an electronics Production technician last year on 1 year full time contract.
i started working on 7th of April 2015 ,they have just notified me today that my agreement with the company is getting over and my last day will be on 31st of March 2016.
Would it be considered as 1 year continuous work ? I am so much confused here because my all hopes were on this job .

Thank you.
you should talk to your employer and let them know about your situation and try to work 7 more days until 7th April. Otherwise you might be in trouble as it is not a full year.

prajesh88

Sep 5, 2013
I will have to probably talk to my employer to work another week .
This is an awful situation for me.
I am on PGWP i have one more year of work permit but i have no option but to work another week.
I don't want to wait one more year. :(

mir237

Jan 30, 2016
prajesh88 said:
I will have to probably talk to my employer to work another week .
This is an awful situation for me.
I am on PGWP i have one more year of work permit but i have no option but to work another week.
I don't want to wait one more year. :(
Yes, You have to convince them by any means...Good luck

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
prajesh88 said:

Thank you.

So... here's the good news: you don't have to work 1 more year - because your Canadian experience does NOT have to be continuous!

Here's the bad news: you still need to work a bit more (1 week?) to have a year of eligible experience under your belt.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately you need 52 weeks of full time employment to be considered for the CEC...

Good luck.!

prajesh88

Sep 5, 2013
I got hired on 31st March 2015 and my first day at work was 7th april 2015. They are terminating my contract on 31st March 2016.
Will it be considered 1 full year of experience?

I want to make sure with you guys, so that i don't have to beg for working one more week to my employer.

Thanks. ;D

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
No, it is not a full year, but as others have pointed out, work experience does not have to be continuous under CEC. You have another year on your PGWP, so you should be able to find another job and complete the 1 year requirement...

prajesh88

Sep 5, 2013
jes_ON said:
No, it is not a full year, but as others have pointed out, work experience does not have to be continuous under CEC. You have another year on your PGWP, so you should be able to find another job and complete the 1 year requirement...
Thank you very much.

prajesh88

Sep 5, 2013
Good news guys ..My employer extended my term for one more week.. Benefit of being unionised.. Thank god.. ;D

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
prajesh88 said:
Good news guys ..My employer extended my term for one more week.. Benefit of being unionised.. Thank god.. ;D
Really good news!

Before leave be sure to request the company documents you need, check it trhough CIC website, but I think there are:

- Employment records letter (from first to last day), probably should be issued shortly after leave, including hours worked, Salary and something else

- Reference letter, including detailed duties and NOC code.
Be sure duties matches NOC code (last version 2011), don't need to be a exact copy bit need to be similar, so better take a look on it. Education requisites for the position should be explained.

Only NOC 0, A or B are good for CEC.