+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query about Self Employment Program

nikeets4

Oct 21, 2020
I am a video editor/producer currently residing in Bombay, India hoping to apply for PR through the Self Employed Program for Athletes and Artists. I have freelanced every once in a while but I own a video production company officially registered as a partnership firm with my partner and we have been running it for the past 4+ years. We are the only two people in the company; my partner as a camera person/DOP and me as the editor. I have the necessary documents and will definitely get reference letters from clients to prove that my skill is my primary source of income but I'm concerned I may not fall under the technical term "Self Employed" due to being a partner. Can anyone here give me some clarity or help me with some options? Sorry if this isn't the appropriate place to post this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Being a partner doesn't naturally disqualify you as a self employed person but you have to be certain that your actual NOC and your actual job duties fall under 52xx and you have to demonstrate to IRCC that you have the required experiences and strong intention to be self employed in Canada.