+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query about Marital Status while applying for India PCC from the USA

maskaravivek

Jul 1, 2021
I am an Indian citizen and I live in the USA. We got married a couple of days back in Canada and I am applying for India PCC from USA.

My marital status in my passport isn't updated yet(it's still single in it).

While applying for PCC what should I put in marital status? If I put married, will it be an issue since my passport isn't updated? Else if I put single, will it cause any issues in PCC processing or later when my spouse (who is a PR) sponsors my PR.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
I am an Indian citizen and I live in the USA. We got married a couple of days back in Canada and I am applying for India PCC from USA.

While applying for PCC what should I put in marital status? If I put married, will it be an issue since my passport isn't updated? Else if I put single, will it cause any issues in PCC processing or later when my spouse (who is a PR) sponsors my PR.
Maybe someone with experience in Indian PCC can add to this. But I think you should put your information as of the day you are sending the application. So you would put married. The information in your passport is considered not up to date. You can always attach a letter and explain why there is this difference.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

You need to put your current status which is married. Won’t be an issue if your passport doesn’t indicate that you are married.

Sucheta

Feb 28, 2017

@maskaravivek
I am in a similar situation.We got married here in Canada but our passport is not updated yet. Our marriage is not registered in India either.So I was wondering how did you proceed and if you ended up getting your PCC ?If I put married and submit the marriage certificate copy(issued from Canada), would that be enough ?