+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Querry related to the Student Direct Stream (SDS) program recently launched by IRCC

kp2257

May 22, 2018
I want to apply online for SDS study permit. But I have a doubt. Is there a separate application form for SDS and General application or there is just a common application and later based on my documents, my application category will be decided?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Yea

Yea I have gathered all the required documents. What I am asking is their a different application portal for SDS or there is only a common one?
afaik, they are the same. if the vo deems you not qualified for sds, then they will process you under general stream.

Aug 14, 2018
hi sir i submitted my student visa file under sds on 11 july 2018 and my program start on 27 august.: when will i get my visa any guesses sir
Hello,

I'm in the same situation, i applied for visa in sds scheme on July10th and my college starts on Aug31st. Any idea when i can expect Visa ??
Is there any way i can followup to speed up the process or know the exact status. The status when checked with tracking no shows 'in processing', and i get the same status when i call up to vfs global.

Harman321#

Oct 4, 2018
Hi, I have applied my Visa through SDS stream. And I have shown funds (income of parents to support) as well. I hope that is not a problem.

MaxMathew

Mar 29, 2018
Hi,
I am an Indian residing in UAE on a work visa. I have applied for a study permit online. Will I qualify as an Indian application under sds stream or would my application be treated a case from UAE?
I would really appreciate if somebody could shed some light on this.
Thanks