Dec 27, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
24-12-2017
Doc's Request.
10-01-2018
Hello Members,

I am expecting an ITA very soon, and have few queries related to getting PCC from Indian consulate in SFO:

I renewed my passport from Houston last year with permanent address in Delhi and US address on passport.
  • Now, the permanent address in Delhi is not valid anymore since my parents have moved to Punjab. If i provide Punjab address in Personal performa form, will it cause any problem in getting PCC?
  • Also, i am in residing in US since last 3 years, so what address should i fill in section 8(b) as present address?

Did anyone faced similar situation? Please suggest.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

coolguy_dec

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Hello Members,

I am expecting an ITA very soon, and have few queries related to getting PCC from Indian consulate in SFO:

I renewed my passport from Houston last year with permanent address in Delhi and US address on passport.
  • Now, the permanent address in Delhi is not valid anymore since my parents have moved to Punjab. If i provide Punjab address in Personal performa form, will it cause any problem in getting PCC?
  • Also, i am in residing in US since last 3 years, so what address should i fill in section 8(b) as present address?

Did anyone faced similar situation? Please suggest.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.
You should be fine. Make sure to use the Delhi address only. Don't change it now as the new report will take a lot of time.
I faced similar issue and it took me 2 months to get the report.

akapil84

Dec 27, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
24-12-2017
Doc's Request.
10-01-2018
You should be fine. Make sure to use the Delhi address only. Don't change it now as the new report will take a lot of time.
I faced similar issue and it took me 2 months to get the report.
Thanks for your reply, did you do it from SFO ? I got my passport in Dec 2016 from Houston and have not traveled to India after that, shouldn't they have the clearance already? I do not want to complicate the matter by giving wrong information.

coolguy_dec

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Thanks for your reply, did you do it from SFO ? I got my passport in Dec 2016 from Houston and have not traveled to India after that, shouldn't they have the clearance already? I do not want to complicate the matter by giving wrong information.
you should be fine with the pcc as long as the address is the one on the passport but if its a new address then it will be a prob.
The indian pcc just specifies that the passport holder has not committed any crime and nowhere do they mention the address.
Let me know if this helps

akapil84

Dec 27, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
24-12-2017
Doc's Request.
10-01-2018
Update to all:

I applied to SFO consulate with updated India address and received PCC within a week. The process was simple, just keep all the documents ready.

Blueeyzz1310

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Update to all:

I applied to SFO consulate with updated India address and received PCC within a week. The process was simple, just keep all the documents ready.
Hello, Did you apply it in person or did you apply it through mail? Please let me know, I too am in the process of getting it done.

Thank You

akapil84

Dec 27, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
24-12-2017
Doc's Request.
10-01-2018
Hello, Did you apply it in person or did you apply it through mail? Please let me know, I too am in the process of getting it done.

Thank You
Hello, i applied in person, the PCC will be available after a week, you have the option to collect it in person or get it in mail. You will have to provide a pre-paid return envelope for the second option.

Arminder_1985

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Hi,

I have to submit an application for India PCC at SFO through mail for me and my wife, so one single money order of $27 + $27 would be fine or do i need to provide two separate money orders?

Thanks

Blueeyzz1310

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Hello, i applied in person, the PCC will be available after a week, you have the option to collect it in person or get it in mail. You will have to provide a pre-paid return envelope for the second option.
Hello, Thank you for your reply. I will be applying for my PCC in person sometime this week. So, just wanted to know your experience about it.I see that if you are applying in person, we need to just take all the original documents and there is no need of photocopies or notarized documents. Can you confirm if this is true? Also, can you please list the documents you had carried / submitted. I just want to double check.

Thank You once again