+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Queries regarding education & work experience for PR

Priyank09

Jan 28, 2018
Hi,
I was filling up my online application for PR and have certain doubts so i need your guidance and help regarding this.

1. Education
I pursued 3 years of Bachelors and 2 years of Masters degree but my WES assessment considers it as 4 years of Bachelors and 1 year of diploma.
So does the education information have to be as per WES report? or the actual education degrees?
(because CIC also asks for transcripts)

2 Work Experience

I have 6.5 years of work experience (Full-time) in India but parallelly while working I have also completed my Masters degree In communication studies (From 2013-2015) in the similar field of my work experience. But this full time course had evening classes. So I was wondering will this overlap of education and work experience have any problem with my application?

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
1. Education
You'll start filling out the form as you've done it. Bachelor's, duration 3 years and all.
Later, select NO at did you receive a Canadian degree for this study and select ECA done as YES.
Now here you will put the details that the evaluation has given. Bachelor's degree.
(Press Add)

Similarly for master's, 2 years master's course at this university during the period this and that.
Select NO at Canadian degree and YES at ECA.
Put in diploma equivalency for this.
(Press Add) and continue.

2 Work Experience
It won't pose any problems. You'll get the experience points for the job. (Job should be in NOC 0, A, or B)

Reactions: Priyank09

Priyank09

Jan 28, 2018
Thank you for your response!
Should I mention this overlap of work and education in the letter of explanation when I submit the documents?
And what else you would suggest me to mention there?

Thanks

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
I've not created a profile for me as of now. Waiting ECA report, so don't quote me for what I say here.
You will mention the work experience with month and year of start, and education with month and year. The dates will overlap for sure.
You can explain this in LOE. That's what it is for. You'll have to explain everything in that letter that may appear shady.

Priyank09

Jan 28, 2018
1. Exactly as per the ECA.
2. No, it won't.
Should I mention this overlap of work and education in the letter of explanation when I submit the documents?

Thanks

Priyank09

Jan 28, 2018
I've not created a profile for me as of now. Waiting ECA report, so don't quote me for what I say here.
You will mention the work experience with month and year of start, and education with month and year. The dates will overlap for sure.
You can explain this in LOE. That's what it is for. You'll have to explain everything in that letter that may appear shady.
Sure

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017

Thanks
No, you don't need to mention the overlap. I don't know what else you want to explain, so I can't say what to write in your letter.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
For the degree evaluated by WES, I entered the end date as convocation date pre ITA.

Would this be correct or should I enter it as the date the exams were completed? My transcript has both the dates.

Is it fine to change it now? Or will this be considered a misrepresentation? Should I submit an LOE indicating the reason for the change?