Sep 23, 2010
New Jersey
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am new to the forum. Appreciate if anyone with the following experience, answer to my queries.

I applied for Canadian immigration through AINP in 2008. I got my nomination in January, 2010. Applied to Federal in April, 2010. Received notice to do the medical in Sept, 2010 and already completed the medical examination for me and my 3 yrs old Kid. My wife's X-ray could not be done as we are expecting.

Now my question is will our processing continue or I have to wait till my wife's x-ray reports are sent to the Canadian Consulate?
Also how much time takes to get the passport request after the medical is done if everything is good?

I am planning to go back to India by April, 2011. Can I get the processing completed from India after that?

Please let me know if anyone has this kind of experience.

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Shyamal Bhowmik

ChaloCanada

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2009
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
19-OCT-2010 (to NY)
Med's Request
22-06-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010; reached 23-07-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-12-2010, dated-15-12-2010
u would not get passport request until ur medicals are processed by Ottawa office.

As per AINP CIC process takes 1 yr to complete.

u can also check CIC processing time.

usually PPR request comes 3 months after all medicals are received by Ottawa.

when u go to india remember to make arrangements to send your passport to buffalo office,

sending via post is illegal.

shyamal

Sep 23, 2010
New Jersey
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the responses!

I am not sure I am clear on the following:

[u would not get passport request until ur medicals are processed by Ottawa office.
usually PPR request comes 3 months after all medicals are received by Ottawa.]
-Does it mean my medicals will not be processed by Ottawa office until my wife's medical process(x-ray) is done?

[when u go to india remember to make arrangements to send your passport to buffalo office,

sending via post is illegal.]

-What kind of arrangements one has to do? If I am in US I would be sending by mail only right?

Appreciate if you can clarify those points.

Regards
Shyamal

ChaloCanada

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2009
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
19-OCT-2010 (to NY)
Med's Request
22-06-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010; reached 23-07-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-12-2010, dated-15-12-2010
-Does it mean my medicals will not be processed by Ottawa office until my wife's medical process(x-ray) is done?
Your medicals would be processed by Ottawa, but for Buffalo office to further move your application they would need all medicals to be processed. Now as you mentioned your wife is expecting another child, you would be required to add the new born added to the application and get medicals done for him/her. i see u might be in india by then.. now to the next question

[when u go to india remember to make arrangements to send your passport to buffalo office,

sending via post is illegal.]

-What kind of arrangements one has to do? If I am in US I would be sending by mail only right?

If u end up in India when u get your passport request u HAVE to send your passport to buffalo office and not New Delhi. so u would need someone visiting US to take u r passport with them and post from US to buffalo office. U would have to authorize them to be your representatitve to handle u r passport.

Buffalo office also has a canadian address to send passport so u can also have a canadian friend.

other option is to get US/Canada tourist visa for immigration purpose.

well if u r visiting india just for few months then no problemo

shyamal

Sep 23, 2010
New Jersey
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great! That explains. Thanks a ton for your clarifications!

So I need to do a fresh application for my new born and then apply for him/her. And then get the medical done for both my wife and the new born.

How do I authorize someone to handle my passport? Is there any specific instruction I have to send to Buffalo office?

Also one last thing, how much time they take to send back the passports once we send them to Buffalo office?

Thanks again for your help!