+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Queries for filling up Application form

May 3, 2017
Pune, India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
HI All,
I am trying to apply for Express Entry under Experience class category.
While filling up i have some query. Hope you would guide me for the same.

1. I was working in Canada where my WP had 2175 job code. 2 years before i came back to india, and reapplied for WP which has a Job Code as 2174, but after new WP i never been to Canada. Now while applying for PR which Job Code shall i select?

2. Do i need to select the Job Code which matches my Designation mentioned on my experience letter, even if the Job Code for which i am applying is different. Does this matter?

3. Since what period we should be mentioning the personal history. Since childhood or from higher education?

4. My 1st company where i worked for 1.2 years, i have the experience letter, but not the proof of employment letter which is required by the Canadian Immigration, because the company is now Shut down. Shall i mentioned this experience? If yes then apart from experience letter what document i can provide.

Thanks,
Sumit

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
HI All,
1. I was working in Canada where my WP had 2175 job code.
Your NOC should reflect the job duties/responsibilities of your employment experience in Canada. If you were employed in different skilled occupations in Canada, then you can chose (does not have to be a single NOC).

2. Do i need to select the Job Code which matches my Designation mentioned on my experience letter, even if the Job Code for which i am applying is different. Does this matter?
Not the designation - job duties and responsibilities. CEC class is based on past experience, so it does not matter what you intend to apply for in the future.

3. Since what period we should be mentioning the personal history. Since childhood or from higher education?
Per the directions, "since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent."

4. My 1st company where i worked for 1.2 years, i have the experience letter, but not the proof of employment letter which is required by the Canadian Immigration, because the company is now Shut down. Shall i mentioned this experience? If yes then apart from experience letter what document i can provide.

Was this in Canada or elsewhere?

May 3, 2017
Pune, India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Thanks Jes, for reply.

For 4th Point, It was in India.

Also 1 more query. For my wife, she was working in india for a very short period, then due to family responsibility she need to quit the job, though she is having Experience letter, but not the Job description letter which Immigration expects. Shall we add this in work history?

Thanks,
SUmit

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thanks Jes, for reply.

For 4th Point, It was in India.

Also 1 more query. For my wife, she was working in india for a very short period, then due to family responsibility she need to quit the job, though she is having Experience letter, but not the Job description letter which Immigration expects. Shall we add this in work history?

Thanks,
SUmit
are you claiming points for it?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thanks Jes, for reply.
Spouses do not earn any CRS points for foreign work experience. So there is no need to add this to the online EE Profile, or provide letters, etc.

On the background declaration, you must list EVERYTHING.

You only need to provide documents for work experience in the EE profile, however.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
HI All,
Again, you only want to list it in the EE profile if it is going to earn you points - e.g. it is eligible skilled work experience, you can document it, and you have at least one year. But you max count on points at 3 years.

If it will earn you points, you can try to find ways to provide alternative documentation. There are dozens of posts on this each week here and on the EE forum...