Queries about applying for visit visa to canada

chopsumbongw

Aug 31, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

My name is Austin, I reside in the Kingdom of Bahrain along with my parents. My father is retired and my mother and I are working in professional jobs. We all hold Indian passports but have lived in Bahrain for over 25 years. Our family friends from Canada have invited us to visit them this August. They have sent an invitation letter and a copy of their passports.

After a fair bit of research I understand I have two options either to send our application online or as a package to CIC's Abu Dhabi (UAE) office. Which is better Online vs In Paper?

I have tried to get in touch with the Canadian Consulate in Abu Dhabi but they refuse to provide any information over the phone, they will only provide support and advise to those who have already applied.

On CIC website it mentions a few things. One it states I may need a medical exam, this is neither a yes or no! How would I know if I need to get it done?
Secondly I am 26 years old and working but my retired father manages my investments for me as he was from the financial sector.

As for proof of funds my father has more than enough to finance this trip for himself, my mother and I. But since I am not a dependent CIC only allows you to create an application for spouse. I am not sure how I need to apply, separately for all three of us or my parents together and separately for myself.

It's a bit overwhelming and frustrating that the Canadian consulate refuse to answer any questions until you apply.

I have received plenty of support and help from this forum in regard to my student visa queries.

Hoping to get some clarification and support on the visit visa procedure as well.

I'd like to thank you for taking out some time to read this post even if you don't post a reply.

Cheers

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visit following place and share your experience for the benefit of others:

Canada Visa Application Centre
VFS (GCC) LLC,
Office MO2, Mezzanine Floor, Silver Wave Building,(Union National bank) Mina Road, Abu Dhabi

Helpline number: +971 4 2055881

Email: info.canauh@vfshelpline.com