+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC's Spousal Sponsorship Application Forms [GUIDE]

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
I have started recently the process to understand the spouse sponsorship. I came to Montreal on May 15 and want to start the spousal sponsorship for my husband who is in India. As I went through the process, I have couple of questions.

1. To IRCC, my husband has to send the app package to CPC Sydney having all documents signed and scanned by both sponsor and PA. Is this correct?
2. Since I live in Quebec, will my husband get CSQ along with PR?
1. Depend on current requirements. It was changed several times. Better to check the source.
Www.canada.ca => immigration => immigrate => family sponsorship

2. No. Csq is a part of process for you. PR he will get when he cross the border as immigrant.

As you live in QC and want to inderstand the process, I would reccomend you do start from MIDI site (ministry of immigration). Google "MIDI quebec".
You'll find all steps well described there

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
I have started recently the process to understand the spouse sponsorship. I came to Montreal on May 15 and want to start the spousal sponsorship for my husband who is in India. As I went through the process, I have couple of questions.

1. To IRCC, my husband has to send the app package to CPC Sydney having all documents signed and scanned by both sponsor and PA. Is this correct?
2. Since I live in Quebec, will my husband get CSQ along with PR?
1. Yes. You guys need to first send Federal Application to CPC-Sydney (Outland) or CPC-Mississauga (Inland). Federal will later send you a letter to apply for CSQ. Then go to https://www.canpakspousal.com/home/forms/quebec/forms-quebec and follow Step-by-Step procedures.

2. Sponsor will only get both copies of CSQ. COPR (and IM-1 visa if applicant is from non-visa exempt country) will be issued to Principal Applicant.

unknownsomeone1

Jun 2, 2019
I have dropped for CSQ today, how long does it take to process this and will they send directly to IRCC?? or do i need to post to IRCC once i receive the sponsor CSQ??

Thanks in advace..

samijade14

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Australia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
AOR Received.
27-03-2019
File Transfer...
17-05-2019
Med's Request
29-01-2020
Med's Done....
03-02-2020
I have dropped for CSQ today, how long does it take to process this and will they send directly to IRCC?? or do i need to post to IRCC once i receive the sponsor CSQ??

Thanks in advace..
I sent my csq and it was received 25 May, I haven’t heard anything yet and the money was not taken from the credit card yet. Some people are saying it’s 25 days from the day they take the money from the credit card (who knows when that will be)
Midi is supposed to send IRCC a copy of your csq when it is completed but some people (like me) get requested personally by their visa office to upload a copy to their cic account as well. So when my csq will come through I have to send also to my visa office.

Reactions: unknownsomeone1

unknownsomeone1

Jun 2, 2019
Hi,

Does the new bill 9 which is going to come soon into affect in Quebec for CSQ, will be applicable for the undertaking applications(family sponsor applications) as well?? I got a request from IRCC and i applied for CSQ, i am worried if the new bill affect my application? and processing time??

Thanks in advance

maxim88

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
hello, the visa office gave us 30 days to get the CSQ last month, last wednesday, midi charged my credit card, do I need to alert the visa office that its gonna take a little more than 30 days to get the CSQ(by like 5days max according to my estimates) or do I say nothing and send it when we get it?

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
hello, the visa office gave us 30 days to get the CSQ last month, last wednesday, midi charged my credit card, do I need to alert the visa office that its gonna take a little more than 30 days to get the CSQ(by like 5days max according to my estimates) or do I say nothing and send it when we get it?
Yes. Notify IRCC that you have received CSQ yet and you have only recently being charged.

IRCC is aware of the fact and acknowledge that MIDI can sometimes delay in issuing CSQ due to backlog. Don't worry!

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
Hi,

Does the new bill 9 which is going to come soon into affect in Quebec for CSQ, will be applicable for the undertaking applications(family sponsor applications) as well?? I got a request from IRCC and i applied for CSQ, i am worried if the new bill affect my application? and processing time??

Thanks in advance
The ones who have already applied will not be affected by Bill 9

samijade14

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Australia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
AOR Received.
27-03-2019
File Transfer...
17-05-2019
Med's Request
29-01-2020
Med's Done....
03-02-2020
The ones who have already applied will not be affected by Bill 9
So how are people from Quebec supposed to get there residency now?
I thought bill 9 was only for express entry etc not family class

unknownsomeone1

Jun 2, 2019
Could you please provide the timeline?

When did your file reach CSQ office? and when did midi charged money from your credit card??

Thanks

samijade14

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Australia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
AOR Received.
27-03-2019
File Transfer...
17-05-2019
Med's Request
29-01-2020
Med's Done....
03-02-2020
But money is still not charged in my credit card?? i sent the file just last week..

Does the Bill 9 affect the dependents CSQ(family sponsorship, request received from IRCC) as well??

Thanks
mine is not charged yet either, it was received 24 May

shooma

Jun 7, 2019
when filling the form A0520-BF, does the sponsored person have to give the information about spouse in section 3.1? similarly, when filling the form A0546, does the sponsor have to give the information about spouse in section 2?
I'm in the same case and dont find a clear answer for this question in this forum .....my case is my candian citizen wife is sponsoring me(huspend) and no children of cosigner......... so she will let section 2 blank and fill out section 3 ...please anyone confirm that to me....thanks in advance

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
Hi,

Thanks in advance
As of right now, they're only targeting skilled immigration, not family sponsorship immigration.

Bill 9 was passed this Sunday (Yes! during weekend). New Govt. have already processed roughly 2000 applications, however they plan to scrap remaining 16,000 applications. Waiting time have been decreased from 36 months to 6 months. Those affected will have to go through new system, known as Arrima, put in place by previous Liberal Govt. Approximately 50,000 families are going to be affected by this bill.

You can find Bill 9's copy HERE.