+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec waiting time- TVR

BanCAQ

May 8, 2024
Hi everyone, I don't understand how can the waiting time for Quebec be between 28-34 months. Absolutely disgusting and inhumane. Why would a Canadian citizen be subjected to that level of humiliation because he lives in Quebec doesn't he have the same rights as his other fellow Canadians. I am considering applying for TRV but had few questions.
If my wife is an outland applicant how will the application be handled once she come here ?
What happens when they ask documents from her if she in Canada ?
What happens if she is in Canada and gets her PR ?
How many times can the stay be extended ?
Anything I am missing out I should consider ?

Thanks everyone.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
because he lives in Quebec
it's because Quebec's government wants its citizens to suffer. I have no other explanations for caps imposed by Quebec's immigration minister.

If my wife is an outland applicant how will the application be handled once she come here ?
Nothing is changed to the way the application is handled. The only thing that changes is that she'll be able to do the virtual landing once her PR is approved

What happens when they ask documents from her if she in Canada ?
Not sure that I understand your question. If they ask for documents, she has to provide them within the allocated timeframe. Same for in or outside of Canada.

How many times can the stay be extended ?
No limit, as long as she is eligible. You can opt for OWP instead of extending.

Anything I am missing out I should consider ?
No idea.

Last edited:

BanCAQ

May 8, 2024
Thanks for your detailed answer. When someone opt for the OWP there are no extensions anymore ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone, I don't understand how can the waiting time for Quebec be between 28-34 months. Absolutely disgusting and inhumane. Why would a Canadian citizen be subjected to that level of humiliation because he lives in Quebec doesn't he have the same rights as his other fellow Canadians.
Political football in that Quebec govt is in effect imposing a cap/quota. IRCC does not do this, but reports only estimated amounts (based on no. of apps), no cap.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/quebec-applications-estimated-at-24-months.808014/

There are court cases in process, and some hope in that the 28-34 mos estimate is backward looking. Some are seeing approvals come through quicker for more recent apps, but that's thin gruel in terms of comfort. That said, if applying now, you have some reason to think will be shorter (remember, 28-34 mos ago includes covid apps tail).

Good luck.

BanCAQ

May 8, 2024
The court cases won't do nothing sadly. They're making fool of these people. Can't wait to vote against that crappy party.

Thanks again for your answer armoured.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Thanks for your detailed answer. When someone opt for the OWP there are no extensions anymore ?
OWP will give your wife a status of a foreign worker, if I remember correctly, they give it for two years. So there is no need to extend anything.

Reactions: BanCAQ