+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec visa issuance on hold in London office.

Oct 14, 2013
Hello forum members

I have applied for Quebec business immigration visa and already received CSQ
I have also completed the federal application, submitted medical, background check certificates and filled the forum for visa processing to London visa office but I did receive an unexpected email last week informing me that visa issuance is on hold

the text states as following

We are writing with regards to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Please be advised that the London visa office's visa issuance is strictly controlled by the Federal and Provincial governments. The number of visas issued has now exceeded the provincial cut-off for Quebec. Therefore, unfortunately, we will not be in a position to issue your visa until 2014. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

You will be contacted again at the beginning of 2014 with regards to your visa issuance. Your continued patience is appreciated.

This email really confused me and was absolutely not expected! It is not clear how long the additional wait is

have anyone else received same email?
Anyone else having experienced a similar situation?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Canada Visa 321 said:
Hello forum members

I have applied for Quebec business immigration visa and already received CSQ
I have also completed the federal application, submitted medical, background check certificates and filled the forum for visa processing to London visa office but I did receive an unexpected email last week informing me that visa issuance is on hold

the text states as following

We are writing with regards to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Please be advised that the London visa office's visa issuance is strictly controlled by the Federal and Provincial governments. The number of visas issued has now exceeded the provincial cut-off for Quebec. Therefore, unfortunately, we will not be in a position to issue your visa until 2014. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

You will be contacted again at the beginning of 2014 with regards to your visa issuance. Your continued patience is appreciated.

This email really confused me and was absolutely not expected! It is not clear how long the additional wait is

have anyone else received same email?
Anyone else having experienced a similar situation?
They told you, Quebec has reached it's quota for 2013. You will be contacted, probably in Jan/14.

Oct 14, 2013
how common is this delay at other visa offices?
have anyone else also received this information?

I received an earlier email from the visa office stating in advance the last validity date of the visa once issued. I thought the actual visa issuance is just some paper formality and not yet another stage of waiting without specific dates

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada, which we are now ready to finalise.

Please refer to the attached document for the details required at this stage.

Once issued, your visas will be valid until 2014/MM/DD.

We look forward to receiving the information shortly.

this additional waiting is narrowing the visa validity window adding extra stress to my life to finalise my situation in quick fashion and relocate to Canada in timely manner, super frustrating. I hope the visa validity gets extended because of this delay

sckel

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2007
Doc's Request.
12/12/2011
AOR Received.
15/10/2007
Med's Request
12/11/13
Med's Done....
16/12/13
Passport Req..
26/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/3/14
LANDED..........
12/4/14
just from reading other posts, I don't think that they extend the visa validity time. What you find many people doing is landing in Canada before the expiry date of the visa, applying for their PR card and then returning to their home country to wrap up things on that end.

I suppose it all depends on the complexity of your situation at home and how soon you can close things off there. Things like having to sell your home &/or business in most cases cannot be realistically done before the expiry of the visa.

Your frustration is totally understandable but at least you know that you are near the end!!

Oct 14, 2013
The problem i can see with landing in Canada get the permanent residence and fly back to home country to sort out remaining financial transactions is the tax liability. I believe once you land in Canada you are considered a Canadian tax resident and any foreign income should be declared and taxed in Canada too.

Sorting out all financial transactions before landing in Canada would be ideal, there would not be any ambiguity about tax liabilities I believe, maybe other members can comment on this point.

Also I am not sure what is pending in my case, I checked my file on immigration website and the status is "In Process" rather than "Decision Made" which I expected since a Visa is about to be issued