MORENA75

May 7, 2013
Greece
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hello everyone,

I've have been reading this forum for months as well as the Canada Immigration site trying to figure things out on my own - Not working :-X

I am really afraid to make mistakes and am sure I have not understood everything. So, if there is anyone here WITH THE PATIENCE to bear with me and willing to help I would REALLY appreciate it, especially someone who has sponsored or has been sponsored to Quebec. I KNOW the things I will be asking may sound stupid and some will refer me back to the CIC website but I really would appreciate (and would not mind at all :p ) that you explain things to me as if I am an idiot. LOL.

So here's the deal :

I am a Canadian Citizen (from Mtl, Quebec)
I have been residing in Greece for the past 7yrs and leaving back to Montreal on May 20th 2013
My boyfriend / common-law is leaving Greece as well and is going back to his homeland - Albania on May 20th 2013

What I need help with or don't understand (practically everything ??? )

- I am confused about ALL the forms
- I do not understand the procedure from Quebec...I've read that you have to send ALL the "forms" at once
- Then I have the big confusion about the Selection Certificate
- I am wondering since we are going to part SOON, and I would like to be the one SOLELY responsible (is that even possible?) for receiving and sending documents to and from CIC (his english is bad) if I need certain documents from him NOW.
- Has someone done the complete application for Quebec Sponsorship successfully and can guide me through in detail of what I must do - step by step? :'(

Info:
We have lived together in Greece for over 5yrs, unfortunately everything was under my name, I have lotsssss of photos, chats, travel tickets, emails, and mail that shows we have been together (but nothing "legal")

I don't have a job ready in Mtl but I plan to get one within a mth of my arrival - (If I understood well there is no $$ req for Quebec to sponsor a common-law spouse right?)

I really don't know where to start and am really confused regarding the forms and what to send where EVEN though I have read this forum and the CIC website for hours per day during the past months, I see everyone here has sponsored on their own without need of a lawyer and I am just wondering is it only me that is so thick-skulled that does not understand a thing? :p ::) :-[

i hope someone bored and patient is willing to bother with me and this sponsorship.

I thank you in advance - :)
Kathy

mtl_hubby

May 3, 2013
Moving back to Quebec is definitely a good step forward.

Once you're here, start the application process by determining if you're eligible to be sponsoring someone or not.

I suggest you start reading the material on this page:

www dot cic dot gc dot ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse dot asp

good luck.

MORENA75

May 7, 2013
Greece
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello Mtl Hubby,

Like I said I am here on the forum because I have read everything on CIC and have been browsing here and I am still not sure, if you read my post i mentioned that there was no point in referring me to the website (CIC) 8) as I have done my homework there and I am still clueless and I don't want to do any mistakes. :)

IF anyone has been through the Outland Quebec process kindly advise which are the (COMPLETE) inital forms I must submit, and then wait for the Quebec Selection cert.

I am not sure but I THINK these are the forms - if anyone can kindly confirm this (cannot post link newbie :-X )

Part 1: Sponsorship forms
Guide to sponsorship [IMM 3900]

Forms

Document Checklist [IMM 5491] (PDF, 159 KB)
Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344] (PDF, 356 KB)
Sponsorship Evaluation [IMM 5481] (PDF, 110 KB)
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 97 KB)
Sponsor Questionnaire [IMM 5540] (PDF, 160 KB)
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 55 KB)

Part 2: Immigration forms
Guide to Immigrating [IMM 3999]

Forms

Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 536 KB)
Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 472 KB)
Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 170 KB)
Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 88 KB)
Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire [IMM 5490] (PDF, 142 KB)
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 55 KB)

** and along with that I must submit Police records for my partner for every country he has lived over 6mos and The medical (does anyone know HOW long each of above docs are valid?)

Thanks all and I hope someone experienced can help me out with specifics ::)

Kathy

tabarnouche

Aug 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2013
Med's Request
--
Med's Done....
15-08-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 19-03-2014
Hi Kathy --
We sent our outland application for permanent residency in Quebec back in August. It's the same as any other province except after they review the sponsorship section of your application and approve you as a sponsor they will send you a letter stating that you should now submit an application for certificate de selection du Quebec. Takes about 25 days or so to get the certificate and they give you that along with a letter stating that they've sent along a copy of the results to CIC.

The forms you posted look like the correct ones. I know the medical exam is valid for 1 year and I'm pretty sure the background checks are as well.

Good luck. It's a lot to get through and can be stressful, but break it down into manageable chunks and you'll be fine.