+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker - Qs&As for 2017 onwards

ProjectNew

Feb 1, 2017
Hello there,

I have just received my Permanent Residency Visa along with the Confirmation of Permanent Residence.

I applied under the Quebec Skilled Workers program in 2011. Now, my concern is that I will not find a job in Quebec because I'm not fluent in French. I am still learning and have a beginner proficiency level in French.

I understand that the visa allows me to move anywhere in Canada, however, I heard that if I do this, I may lose my PR visa or be refused citizenship when I apply for it. I signed a declaration when applying for visa to reside in Quebec.

What if I do the landing in Quebec and then move after a week or two to settle in Toronto. Would this be legal or cause some issues with the immigration authorities in Quebec, federal or other provinces? Please advise.

Regards,
D.A.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Congrats on getting your PR. As far as Quebec is concerned, the job openings are plenty, but with a catch of fluent french requirements for most customer facing jobs. So it depends on your job area.

Moving on to other provinces is more of a question of ethic rather than legal. Once a PR is obtained and landed, the candidate is free to move anywhere in Canada (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_6_of_the_Canadian_Charter_of_Rights_and_Freedoms). I am not a lawyer. Its good to consult a lawyer because you have come this far in the process and don't jeopardize it.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
ProjectNew said:
What if I do the landing in Quebec and then move after a week or two to settle in Toronto. Would this be legal or cause some issues with the immigration authorities in Quebec, federal or other provinces? Please advise.
Yes. This is legal. We are yet to see a case where a PR got into trouble after he/she exercised her mobility rights.

kjsingh.4430

Dec 24, 2014
Re: Quebec Skilled Worker - Qs&As.

shaggycoc said:
Hi, the most points are not true please use ofitial links at website Quebec. Actually there is not confirmation about the same conditions than last ones. Examples of wrong information:

Point 5: wrong answer, if MIDI can see your intetion in Express Entry they could think you want only get in for Quebec side to move on another province.

Point 7: false, i am succesfull june 13 candidate and took only 5 hours to fill the quota, the previous seconds to start applications in mon projet are crutials

Point 8: there is a first cut off 42 and 49 in this MIDI evaluate your profile without children and finantial support

Point 14: yes but if you apply with spouse or child there is an extra fee.

About french MIDI is working on "nous somes Quebec" is similar to express entry so they already said that french will be mandatory as english in express entry.

it looks like these information was made by an non ofitial company in inmigration. please read about it before to pay
Hii everyone .i am new .i apply for Quebec skilled workers in augst intake .anybody's knows what is the next process

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
DEEPCUR said:
Thanks buddy. From what I understand from your post, we get points for our education major and for our work experience separately. I hope I got it right.

Thanks for the link for education evaluation too. They haven't mentioned cost and time lines in the link. Any idea about the cost and time it takes for the evaluation? Thanks again. First time ever I am getting accurate answers for Quebec related immigration in this forum!
I am in the same situation, I have a Bachelor's in Computer Science & Engineering , with 10 years of exp in the same field. WES evaluated it as Bachelors 4 years. But I am not sure how MIDI will evaluate. Maybe I will just apply and see, because even if they reject it, it will not be my mistake, so I wont get banned or something.
Its just that I don't satisfy the points, but that's the worst case scenario. My gut feeling is that MIDI will give points.

hellgate

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
15-03-2017
AOR Received.
10-04-2017
Med's Done....
09-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi, I am Electrical and Electronics Engineer and WES evaluated me as Bachelor Degree. I am going to apply April Intake. However in online evaluation program if I select Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineer, the system found me eligible but if I select only Electrical Engineer than it says ineligible because of the requirement of governing regulatory body. How is system working? As far as I know, I have to pay the fee during my application but what if they will say that I am Electrical Engineer and find me ineligible. Are they going to give back the fee ? Please help about how the process performs.

shaggycoc

Jan 25, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hellgate said:
Hi, I am Electrical and Electronics Engineer and WES evaluated me as Bachelor Degree. I am going to apply April Intake. However in online evaluation program if I select Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineer, the system found me eligible but if I select only Electrical Engineer than it says ineligible because of the requirement of governing regulatory body. How is system working? As far as I know, I have to pay the fee during my application but what if they will say that I am Electrical Engineer and find me ineligible. Are they going to give back the fee ? Please help about how the process performs.
hi mate

Nobody knows when is the next intake i do not believe will be on april, by other hand you must pay fees only if you get in a quota not before; also once you paid they are not going to give your money back.

In mon projet web site thre is a linc called documents utiles go there and read forms to fill forms

erichum

Feb 17, 2017
Hi everyone,

My girlfriend just received a refusal letter for her application for CSQ. Essentially what happened was that her work permit expired 31 of January 2017. She sent in her application January 27th, 2017. The reason why she sent it so late was because she was eligible to apply for CSQ mid January. However someone from immigration quebec told her it would be better she wait for that paycheck to arrive before sending in her application or else it will be refused. Furthermore, another person from immigration quebec mentioned to her that as long as you send your application before your work permit expires everything is good. But this is the reason why she was refused, they mentioned it was due to her work permit having expired. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

Kameldz

Dec 1, 2017
If you are planning to file for QSWP when the new intake will open, lets create a Question and Answer for everyones benefit.

Let me begin, for all initial applicants:

1. Q: Is job offer required?
No job offer required
-------------------------------------
2. Q: Do I need to know French?
A: Absence of French not a bar, but points available for proficiency in English and/or French
3. Q: Is there a pool of Candidates?
A: There is currently no pool of candidates
4. Q: Who is getting the priority?
A: The system works as first-come, first-served
5. Q: Can I apply for EE at the same time?
A: Yes! Increase your chances: Apply while also remaining in the Express Entry pool

6. Q: Is Quebec good place to live and work?
A: Yes, you have a chance to settle in a vibrant, exciting region of North America
7. Q: How long intake opens for?
A: Last two intakes, intake closed in 0-48 hours. There were sever problems applying, due to the server overload.
8. Q: How many points do i need to have to qualify?
A: Single applicant must score 49 points. Married couple should have not less than 57 points.
9. Q: Where can i find more info from official source?
A: https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/next-intake-applications.html
10. Q: How do i apply? by sending a paper application or online?
A: Online
11. Q: What is Mon projet Québec?
A: Mon projet Québec allows candidates to complete their application for a CSQ, make their payment online, follow the status of their application, make changes to their application, and access personal electronic messaging throughout the process.
12. Q: When do I submit documents?
A: Initially you only have to submit online form and pay fees, after payment, at certain stage they will send you a list of required documents, and you will have some time to prepare those required docs.
13. Q: What is the final step?
A:Applicants who are successful under the Regular Skilled Worker Program are issued a Quebec Selection Certificate (Certificat de sélection du Québec, also known as a CSQ), which is then followed by a Canadian Permanent Resident (Immigration) Visa.
14. Q: How much do i have to pay when i apply?
A: $773.00 (as of last intake) + dependents fees $166.00
15. Q: When do i have to pay? when i apply?
A: Once you will submit, they will send you an e-mail where they provide the payment link and that link is valid for 30 days
16. Q: Question on Express Entry. What is EE profile and how does selection of candidates happen?
A: EE stands for Express Entry program which works on the basis that candidates with highest points are get invited, twice a month (usually) and issued with an ITA. For more information see here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/

------------------------------------------------------------
17. Q: In what language is Mon projet Québec?
A: Its fully and only in French, use google translate if you cant understand French[/b

To be continued...

*If there are any mistakes, please correct me :)

If you have a question: ASK. I will try to ANSWER.

For more information:

Watsapp: If you want to be added - leave your number here or ping me a PM.

Largest and most up-to date QSWP Tracker: https://goo.gl/sAUVZX

FB Group for QSWP: https://goo.gl/Eu8bx2

Good luck

kool125

Jan 21, 2018
Dear Friend......

when will quebec skilled worker program open in 2018??

Also please guide me what i have to select for below statement,,,, what does it mean ?

Autorisation de communiquer des renseignements

Sauf exception prévue par la Loi sur l’accès aux documents des organismes publics et sur la protection des renseignements personnels, le ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion doit obtenir votre consentement pour divulguer des renseignements personnels à votre sujet.

Cette autorisation :

-annule toute autorisation antérieure faite au même effet;

-ne confère pas à mon conjoint ou à ma conjointe le pouvoir de me représenter ou d'agir en mon nom.

Autorisez-vous le Ministère à transmettre à votre conjoint ou conjointe tout renseignement à votre sujet pour les besoins du traitement de votre demande?

Which option i have select YES or NO

lis001

Jan 21, 2018
Hello everyone,

I posted the question on a different thread but go no answer so I hope someone can help me here.
I want to apply for quebec immigration but if I am chosen I don't know what to proof i need to provide for my job. I have a degree in special education and I currently teach children with dyslexia etc. at my home. Their parents pay me and I teach each of each student for about 2hrs. I do not have pay stubs etc. What can I show to prove that this is my job?

Please help, anyone

MAFarzad

Jan 26, 2018
I submitted my application for Quebec skilled worker program on summer 2016 and came to Canada on spring 2017 as an international student. I have heard that applications from inside Quebec has less processing time. So, do you think it is better to keep previous application or submit another one from inside Quebec?

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
I submitted my application for Quebec skilled worker program on summer 2016 and came to Canada on spring 2017 as an international student. I have heard that applications from inside Quebec has less processing time. So, do you think it is better to keep previous application or submit another one from inside Quebec?
Change ur address...automatically ur region will change...