+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker program -- Your experiences?

ishitweni

Dec 19, 2021
I've written on here before, but I figured I'd ask about this anyway...
Originally, I had ruled out the idea of Quebec Skilled Worker program because of the processing times and because I have no desire to settle in Quebec forever. But now that I've researched it a bit, I don't think you necessarily have to (?). I have added up my points. I hit about 54, if I remember correctly, maybe 50.
I think this would be the best option for me, considering:
  • French degree (December 2012) - Level B2 or maybe higher (Will take DELF or TEF)
  • Age 23, 24-25 at time of application for Certificat,
  • 2 years experience in Customer Service role (Campus Recreation)
  • 2 years as Medical Transcriptionist
  • Current internship (2.5 months) with my local Chamber of Commerce
  • Studied for 3 months in Saguenay, QC during the Fall of 2011. (Sept-early Dec) Lived with host family.
  • No criminal record to speak of.
  • Medical history: hydrocephalus and retinal detachment -- both are stable and I've been fine for some years with the hydro. Both retinas have been addressed and are very stable, have been for a couple of years.
How are the processing times for the Certificat and then PR? The website says 12-13 montsh for the Certificat, assuming I were to be accepted. I assume PR would take at least 8 months.... (I have checked the Quebec Immigration site, but I am looking for personal experiences!)
I am happy settling anywhere in Quebec, so long as there is need for me there. Montreal, Quebec City, Gatineau, don't care! I would just like to establish myself somewhere. I was thinking about pursuing BUNAC USA (12 month Working Holiday) in the meantime. Does anyone have experience going from this to QSW?
I don't know if it's a viable option. I know that the best option is working here in the US while my application is processed. sounds more realistic, and it will proably be what I do.

ashokleyland

Nov 17, 2018
Abu Dhabi
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17-09-2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
21-02-2014
IELTS Request
25-02-2014
Med's Request
23-01-2018
Med's Done....
02-02-2018 (ABU DHABI)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2018 (VFS GLOBAL MAKATI OFFICE)
LANDED..........
09-12-2018 (TORONTO)
Qswp here, applied during 2013, days where they dont require french fluency, its first come first serve basis to enter qswp program back then.
Just got lucky that i decided that year to apply for qswp. Best decision i made in my life.
Im a practicing registered nurse, that time you will received max score for being a nurse.
Right now im practicing as registered nurse in Ontario.

ishitweni

Dec 19, 2021
I've written on here before, but I figured I'd ask about this anyway...
Originally, I had ruled out the idea of Quebec Skilled Worker program because of the processing times and because I have no desire to settle in Quebec forever. But now that I've researched it a bit, I don't think you necessarily have to (?). I have added up my points. I hit about 54, if I remember correctly, maybe 50. https://xender.vip/
I think this would be the best option for me, considering:
  • French degree (December 2012) - Level B2 or maybe higher (Will take DELF or TEF)
  • Age 23, 24-25 at time of application for Certificat,
  • 2 years experience in Customer Service role (Campus Recreation)
  • 2 years as Medical Transcriptionist https://nox.tips/
  • Current internship (2.5 months) with my local Chamber of Commerce
  • Studied for 3 months in Saguenay, QC during the Fall of 2011. (Sept-early Dec) Lived with host family.
  • No criminal record to speak of.
  • Medical history: hydrocephalus and retinal detachment -- both are stable and I've been fine for some years with the hydro. Both retinas have been addressed and are very stable, have been for a couple of years.
How are the processing times for the Certificat and then PR? The website says 12-13 montsh for the Certificat, assuming I were to be accepted. I assume PR would take at least 8 months.... (I have checked the Quebec Immigration site, but I am looking for personal experiences!)
I am happy settling anywhere in Quebec, so long as there is need for me there. Montreal, Quebec City, Gatineau, don't care! I would just like to establish myself somewhere. I was thinking about pursuing BUNAC USA (12 month Working Holiday) in the meantime. Does anyone have experience going from this to QSW?
I don't know if it's a viable option. I know that the best option is working here in the US while my application is processed. sounds more realistic, and it will proably be what I do.
issue got solved