+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

hamarawi

Star Member
May 18, 2018
I think Ecas status only updates after « Decision made.»

I got PAL and my status is the same « In progress ».
For me ecas
In process
Can you tell us after you receive prearrival letter
What is the status in your Ircc account
Under eligibility
Under medical
Under background check
Thanks

Vahan

Sep 7, 2014
It is my first time to hear something like this in the middle of Federal processing.

Normally, an applicant signs an intention to reside in Quebec paper while sending all documents to IRCC. That paper is required in normal Quebec Skilled Workers residency application package.

Did you sign and send that document while you’ve sent your papers to IRCC for the first time? Or Is it second time that you’re signing?
Yes, I signed it and they actually need additional evidence.
One thing, I dont know how to send this paper - for police certificate there is a place in my account to upload it, but there is no such a place for the intention paper. May be I should send it via web forms??

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
For me ecas
In process
Can you tell us after you receive prearrival letter
What is the status in your Ircc account
Under eligibility
Under medical
Under background check
Thanks
I passed medical in 2018 for the work permit and I had biometrics submission in 2020, so my medical was approved as soon as I got AOR.

Status: In progress. We do not need additional documents. We do not need your fingerprints. We are processing your background check. We are checking if you are eligible.

Basically I am only waiting for background check to be completed.

hamarawi

Star Member
May 18, 2018
I passed medical in 2018 for the work permit and I had biometrics submission in 2020, so my medical was approved as soon as I got AOR.

Status: In progress. We do not need additional documents. We do not need your fingerprints. We are processing your background check. We are checking if you are eligible.

Basically I am only waiting for background check to be completed.
Thank you
Do you have an idea how long it takes for them to finish background check and eligibility check

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Thank you
Do you have an idea how long it takes for them to finish background check and eligibility check
I think background is pretty personal.
Let’s say one person lived in 2 counties and didn’t travel, but another one lived in 5 countries and travelled half of the world.
I think in these 2 cases background check will take different amount of time.

But it’s only my assumption.

Reactions: Immstu

hamarawi

Star Member
May 18, 2018
I think background is pretty personal.
Let’s say one person lived in 2 counties and didn’t travel, but another one lived in 5 countries and travelled half of the world.
I think in these 2 cases background check will take different amount of time.

But it’s only my assumption.
In my case it is canada and my original country
But I see the processing time for background check is 1 day up to 60 days but for some cases more
I don't understand 1 day?

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
Hey guys, so I recently gave my medical test and wondering how long does it usually take after it to get your permanent residency? Is it the final step in the process?

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
By background check you mean criminality or eligibility check? If yes, that is marked as completed in my atip notes already.
I meant criminality/security check.
Honestly, I think that it depends on case.
For me medical was approved right away, because I passed it before, so my “last step” is background check.