+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Sorry, what is IVM and VMF
IVM: "Invitation Visite Médicale" When they first asked you to go and have your medical examination.
VMF: "Visite Médicale Finalisée" Or something like that. It is when they tell you that you have passed the medical examination.

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Yay, got my PR today.

DF 15/03/2021
XEP 01/04/2021
AOR 02/12/2021
1st Email 15/02/2022 - reply same day
2nd Email 16/02/2022 - submit photos same day
eCoPR 18/02/2022
Inland 2 persons QSW
Congrats there :).

Did you take your own photos, or went somewhere for that and then just scanned them?

Frankyeah

Feb 17, 2022
IVM: "Invitation Visite Médicale" When they first asked you to go and have your medical examination.
VMF: "Visite Médicale Finalisée" Or something like that. It is when they tell you that you have passed the medical examination.
Thank you so much!

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
Update on medical exam. I went solo yesterday and my partner and I, both with our twin “threenagers”, went today for his exam.

Both appointments were 2 hours and happened in the same order:

Check in - verification of passport, the IVM form, vaccination passport
Photo (must remove mask and accessories)
Pay the fee ($240 cash or debit only)
Fill out questionnaire & receive urine sample cup
Chest X-ray - you’re in a dressing room of sorts without locks, so be vigilant as to not accidentally walk in on an unsuspecting person in undress
“Triage” - Blood pressure, blood test, eye exam
Exam with the doctor- listens to heart/lungs, presses in stomach area, etc.

There were a few differences observed: 1. I filled out a paper questionnaire while my partner’s nurse read him the questions and asked for the responses. 2. As a female, I was asked to remove my bra in the changing room for the chest exam. You have the right to a chaperone if you need or would like one. 3. Our eye exams were a bit different. He wears glasses and I don’t so that could’ve been the difference.

Overall, good experience. They’re open on Saturday so you can find a reasonably quick appointment date. The staff were all pleasant enough. Not overly joyful but not crazy hurried or annoyed either. The facilities including the bathrooms were ok. Everyone was doing a good job of being respectful of each others space.

What could have made it better is if your appointment was for your time only so you could breeze through all the steps in 15 mins vs 2 hours from being bounced around. But I guess that’s how they get more appointments in?

@ValeriaS when my results are updated in IRCC I’ll post to your review platform. There’s a question in there that asks for that date. Good luck to everyone next week!

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Update on medical exam. I went solo yesterday and my partner and I, both with our twin “threenagers”, went today for his exam.

Both appointments were 2 hours and happened in the same order:

Check in - verification of passport, the IVM form, vaccination passport
Photo (must remove mask and accessories)
Pay the fee ($240 cash or debit only)
Fill out questionnaire & receive urine sample cup
Chest X-ray - you’re in a dressing room of sorts without locks, so be vigilant as to not accidentally walk in on an unsuspecting person in undress
“Triage” - Blood pressure, blood test, eye exam
Exam with the doctor- listens to heart/lungs, presses in stomach area, etc.

There were a few differences observed: 1. I filled out a paper questionnaire while my partner’s nurse read him the questions and asked for the responses. 2. As a female, I was asked to remove my bra in the changing room for the chest exam. You have the right to a chaperone if you need or would like one. 3. Our eye exams were a bit different. He wears glasses and I don’t so that could’ve been the difference.

Overall, good experience. They’re open on Saturday so you can find a reasonably quick appointment date. The staff were all pleasant enough. Not overly joyful but not crazy hurried or annoyed either. The facilities including the bathrooms were ok. Everyone was doing a good job of being respectful of each others space.

What could have made it better is if your appointment was for your time only so you could breeze through all the steps in 15 mins vs 2 hours from being bounced around. But I guess that’s how they get more appointments in?

@ValeriaS when my results are updated in IRCC I’ll post to your review platform. There’s a question in there that asks for that date. Good luck to everyone next week!
Thank you!! :)
I hope you will get your results pretty fast!