+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

applicationz

Feb 2, 2021
Hello All,
I wanted to ask a question(Inland application).
I was asked for Police clearance( I am from India)
so I was able to get the PCC from the police station near me, but I feel it has some issues
I have uploaded the same to my file.
I wanted to ask you that can they reject the file or will they ask for a different PCC if things does not work out?
The process to get Police clearance here is very long and as per the Canada website I can get it from my local police station.

Regards,

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hello All,
I wanted to ask a question(Inland application).
I was asked for Police clearance( I am from India)
so I was able to get the PCC from the police station near me, but I feel it has some issues
I have uploaded the same to my file.
I wanted to ask you that can they reject the file or will they ask for a different PCC if things does not work out?
The process to get Police clearance here is very long and as per the Canada website I can get it from my local police station.

Regards,
Hey @applicationz,

What would you think is the problem with your police certificate?
I have gotten it a few times but it was always from outside of India via the embassy and the process seems to be smooth. I am not sure how different the process is from within India (but I understand it can be complicated).
If the problem is something that is written in the body of the letter (like "For Citizenship" instead of "For Immigration") it would not be an issue at all or at worst IRCC would ask for a new one.
If the reason is due to a history of some misconduct found in the police records then it would depend on what actually was reported and how it is viewed in Canadian law.

Thanks,
Rajat

cpworld

Feb 7, 2022
Anyone got ecopr in last couple of weeks? It has been more than 2 weeks since i submitted my "Declaration presence in Canada".

Also what about PR card after this? How long does getting a new pr card take?

PS : i am an Inland applicant

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Anyone got ecopr in last couple of weeks? It has been more than 2 weeks since i submitted my "Declaration presence in Canada".

Also what about PR card after this? How long does getting a new pr card take?

PS : i am an Inland applicant
Hello @cpworld
On the facebook group I have seen the eCoPRs coming along. Based on the updates in the group it seems like that cards are taking between 3-8 weeks for most while eCoPR can take 1-3 weeks.
I hope it happens soon for you.

Thanks,
Rajat

Reactions: Androzi

Theo_S

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Two page CV takes the IRCC forever to review.
I am curious if anyone happened to submit a CV as I did.
We have almost the same timeline.
In my case at the same time with AOR, they asked me to resend them the IMM 5669 form.
I used the web form to resend (Sept 20th) and they received it at the end of October.
Since then they are reviewing it. 5 months to review a small correction.

Androzi

Feb 7, 2022
Hello everyone! Has anybody started the process as an inland applicant and had to leave Canada for a couple of months? Was the PR process affected? I am afraid my application will be rejected because I had to leave the country.
Thanks!

monyao

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
We have almost the same timeline.
In my case at the same time with AOR, they asked me to resend them the IMM 5669 form.
I used the web form to resend (Sept 20th) and they received it at the end of October.
Since then they are reviewing it. 5 months to review a small correction.
That's way too long waiting time.
Hopefully they should accelerate a bit after the new quotas released.

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hello everyone! Has anybody started the process as an inland applicant and had to leave Canada for a couple of months? Was the PR process affected? I am afraid my application will be rejected because I had to leave the country.
Thanks!
Hello @Androzi,

Unless your move is permanent you do not have to let IRCC know (i.e. going on vacations).
Although do keep in mind that you keep tabs on your GC key (IRCC) account when you are on vacation if you are close to or already received AR.
When IRCC asks for some documents or an action on your side it is timebound and if not done within allotted time can impact your application negatively (yeah I see the irony with IRCC).
If you are months away from getting an AR you have nothing to worry as long as you are certain you can get back INTO Canada after your vacation.

That being said if you are already done with AR, medical and are in the home stretch for your PR there could be 2 scenarios:-
1. You have not received the first email yet - In this case go for vacation, if you get the first email while on vacation reply truthfully that you are outside Canada at the moment on vacation. You live in Canada and would be coming back as a Temporary worker (or whatever your status is) on such and such date. There are numerous cases where IRCC would pause your file until you return. On your return respond back with all details and your file would be processed without any additional delay. If you receive the first email right before you leave Canada still do the same thing and reply truthfully that you are going on vacation and would return on a certain date. No issues at all.
2. You already got the first email and replied that you are in Canada - DO NOT leave the country until you get your eCoPR. This is largely because you already said that you are IN Canada. Secondly if you get your eCoPR while still outside Canada you cannot enter with your old status and would have to get permanent resident travel document (PRTD) which can take time (a week to a month). Also do not forget that in this case you would get landed virtually while being outside Canada which might have some other legal ramifications. So in this case just stay put.

For reference here is the facebook group.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Rajat

Androzi

Feb 7, 2022
Hello @Androzi,

Unless your move is permanent you do not have to let IRCC know (i.e. going on vacations).
Although do keep in mind that you keep tabs on your GC key (IRCC) account when you are on vacation if you are close to or already received AR.
When IRCC asks for some documents or an action on your side it is timebound and if not done within allotted time can impact your application negatively (yeah I see the irony with IRCC).
If you are months away from getting an AR you have nothing to worry as long as you are certain you can get back INTO Canada after your vacation.

That being said if you are already done with AR, medical and are in the home stretch for your PR there could be 2 scenarios:-
1. You have not received the first email yet - In this case go for vacation, if you get the first email while on vacation reply truthfully that you are outside Canada at the moment on vacation. You live in Canada and would be coming back as a Temporary worker (or whatever your status is) on such and such date. There are numerous cases where IRCC would pause your file until you return. On your return respond back with all details and your file would be processed without any additional delay. If you receive the first email right before you leave Canada still do the same thing and reply truthfully that you are going on vacation and would return on a certain date. No issues at all.
2. You already got the first email and replied that you are in Canada - DO NOT leave the country until you get your eCoPR. This is largely because you already said that you are IN Canada. Secondly if you get your eCoPR while still outside Canada you cannot enter with your old status and would have to get permanent resident travel document (PRTD) which can take time (a week to a month). Also do not forget that in this case you would get landed virtually while being outside Canada which might have some other legal ramifications. So in this case just stay put.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Rajat
Thank you!

DAS_1

Sep 26, 2020
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello @Androzi,

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Rajat
Can we leave country after getting eCOPR? I mean in a family one can stay here to collect for the cards while others can leave if they need to , is this ok?

arkhamdominion

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Hey everyone, Inland applicant here I got my AOR on 3rd September 2021 and was asked to submit a PCC and updated passport for my spouse. I submitted those, and got acknowledgement of receipt for additional documents on 16th September 2021, and since then its under review. I never received the medical form or instructions to get the medical done, but on the portal says that its under review? This is what I have on my application portal:
  • We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.
  • September 16, 2021 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Any help would be appreciated here? How long usually it takes on this stage?

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Can we leave country after getting eCOPR? I mean in a family one can stay here to collect for the cards while others can leave if they need to , is this ok?
Absolutely. You can leave the country after becoming a Permanent Resident (getting eCoRP). However eCoRP is not a travel document. PR cards can be used to re-enter Canada but if you do not have those you would need to apply and get permanent resident travel document (PRTD) from the Canadian High Commission of the country you are visiting. The process can be as short as a week or could take a month or so. You would also need to send your passport to the High Commission towards the end of processing. This would cost some money plus forms to fill plus making sure you carry all relevant documents, so plan ahead,
Eventually you would get a document that could be used once to enter Canada.

Thanks,
Rajat

Reactions: DAS_1

DAS_1

Sep 26, 2020
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Absolutely. You can leave the country after becoming a Permanent Resident (getting eCoRP). However eCoRP is not a travel document. PR cards can be used to re-enter Canada but if you do not have those you would need to apply and get permanent resident travel document (PRTD) from the Canadian High Commission of the country you are visiting. The process can be as short as a week or could take a month or so. You would also need to send your passport to the High Commission towards the end of processing. This would cost some money plus forms to fill plus making sure you carry all relevant documents, so plan ahead,
Eventually you would get a document that could be used once to enter Canada.

Thanks,
Rajat
Thanks a lot for detailed info.
I have a situation where I have to leave the country and I don't I think I will be back in Canada for another 4-5 years. I have been waiting for this PR for 6 years and finally I am seeing a light. But god has other plans and I have to leave the country for personal reasons. Is there any way I can enter Canada after 4-5 years and be a Canadian PR and continue my journey here ? I heard there is some residency requirement i,e to stay in 2 our of last 5yeras. If I miss that , any possibility for me to get the PR again ?