+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

J_ames

Mar 24, 2021
A long journey comes to an end. Thank you everyone for sharing information, this forum is really helpful.

PR Application received: July 17, 2020
Temporary XEP received: Nov 23, 2020
AOR received: Sep 02 2021
Biometrics: Valid
Medical request: Sep 08, 2021
Pre Arrival Letter:Sep 08, 2021
Medical exam: Sep 09, 2021
Medical passed: Sep 15, 2021
Decision made in ECAS: Dec 16, 2021
1st Portal email: Dec 16, 2021
2nd Portal email: Dec 16, 2021
eCOPR received: Dec 17, 2021

Good luck!
Finally! Big congratulations and enjoy the holidays!

Reactions: Kzee20

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Received Passport & New COPR today. Also , received 5/6 pages of informational sheet for new comer. There are 2 points in the sheet which confused me.
  • If you plan to settle in the province of Quebec, you must be in possession of a valid CSQ (that is valid on the date the permanent resident visa was issued).
  • Reminder: if you are going to Quebec, make sure you have a valid CSQ. Valid means here valid at the time the permanent resident visa was issued.
My CSQ issued Aug 2017 / CSQ expired Aug 2020. Application filed March 2019. My CSQ is already expired last year before I received the PR visa. Will this be of any issue? Any idea anyone ?

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
Received Passport & New COPR today. Also , received 5/6 pages of informational sheet for new comer. There are 2 points in the sheet which confused me.
  • If you plan to settle in the province of Quebec, you must be in possession of a valid CSQ (that is valid on the date the permanent resident visa was issued).
  • Reminder: if you are going to Quebec, make sure you have a valid CSQ. Valid means here valid at the time the permanent resident visa was issued.
My CSQ issued Aug 2017 / CSQ expired Aug 2020. Application filed March 2019. My CSQ is already expired last year before I received the PR visa. Will this be of any issue? Any idea anyone ?
As far as I know, CSQ is required for applicant to apply for a PR. After a decision is made, CSQ is no longer required. I have found this: "Section 108 of the Règlement sur l’immigration au Québec (RIQ), which came into effect on August 2, 2018, specifies that Quebec Selection Certificates (CSQs) issued after the coming into force of the RIQ are valid for a duration of 24 months or until a decision is rendered on the permanent residence application by virtue of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).

Therefore, since August 2, 2018, MIFI no longer renews CSQs. CSQs are now issued for 24 months and are valid for the duration of the permanent residence application, even if the 24-month period has passed. In addition, CSQs issued before August 2, 2018, that are valid for 36 months remain valid for the duration of the permanent residence application, even if the 36 months have passed."
More info in regards to this matter can be found in https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/quebec-cases/labour-market-impact-assessment-exempt-work-permit-renewals-extensions-certain-quebec-selection-holders.html

• Love
Reactions: m-s and gtcan19

sharon Gill

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
As far as I know, CSQ is required for applicant to apply for a PR. After a decision is made, CSQ is no longer required. I have found this: "Section 108 of the Règlement sur l’immigration au Québec (RIQ), which came into effect on August 2, 2018, specifies that Quebec Selection Certificates (CSQs) issued after the coming into force of the RIQ are valid for a duration of 24 months or until a decision is rendered on the permanent residence application by virtue of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).

Therefore, since August 2, 2018, MIFI no longer renews CSQs. CSQs are now issued for 24 months and are valid for the duration of the permanent residence application, even if the 24-month period has passed. In addition, CSQs issued before August 2, 2018, that are valid for 36 months remain valid for the duration of the permanent residence application, even if the 36 months have passed."
More info in regards to this matter can be found in https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/quebec-cases/labour-market-impact-assessment-exempt-work-permit-renewals-extensions-certain-quebec-selection-holders.html
Are you oultland or inland applicant?

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020

I have checked that site before but reading those 2 points in the sheet along with COPR & PRV just confused me. CSQ valid for 2 years now and they take more than 2 years to finalize the file. Logically that ` valid on the date the permanent resident visa was issued` point doesn`t make any sense though. Thank you for the detailed info.